• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

how long it take to unlock ds 260 ?

Hi, i made an unlock request, and they've just unlocked my ds260, my question is : does unlock ds260 have any time limit or you can resubmit it when you are done with the changes? Thanks in advance.

Hi, i made an unlock request, and they've just unlocked my ds260, my question is : does unlock ds260 have any time limit or you can resubmit it when you are done with the changes? Thanks in advance.
Technically speaking, there is no deadline for the re-submission. However, you don't want to keep the form unlocked for so long, especially if your CN is already current. The unlocked form may impact your being scheduled for an interview if KCC is still waiting for your to resubmit in order for them to complete processing your documents.

When did you make your unlock request? I want to understand how long it takes to unlock ds260?
Thx

When did you make your unlock request? I want to understand how long it takes to unlock ds260?
Thx

i believe by now it is unlocked. the crazy thing is I submitted the form on may 10, 2023 and requested unlock on may 13. and our case is similar.i forgot adding education instutition history. i wanna know how long i have to wait so tell me how long did you wait. and did it impact your process.

personally I would just have updated that at the interview but seeing as you’ve already asked them to unlock you can update the form
Was wondering what sort of omissions/mistakes can be updated during interview? Can one update an expired/missing passport ( "missing" as putting other travel document in DS260) at the interview, or one must request an unlock.

Was wondering what sort of omissions/mistakes can be updated during interview? Can one update an expired/missing passport ( "missing" as putting other travel document in DS260) at the interview, or one must request an unlock.
You can update anything you want at the interview, but if it’s something that might impact a background check (I’m not clear if a passport falls into this category though others seem sure it does) it might be better to unlock and update the DS260 in advance to avoid delays after the interview.

i believe by now it is unlocked. the crazy thing is I submitted the form on may 10, 2023 and requested unlock on may 13. and our case is similar.i forgot adding education instutition history. i wanna know how long i have to wait so tell me how long did you wait. and did it impact your process.
Hello, did KCC unlocked your DS-260?