• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

how long it take to unlock ds 260 ?

raoufrobi

hi I made a mistake in my ds 260 on 10 may 2021, and send them email to unlock it on 13 may 2021, because I forgot to add my high school institution infos and my Academic degree,its been 12 days and my ds 260 still locked !!!
Should I send an other email ? Should I call them ?
how long this may take ? anyone had this experience before

KCC is busy. It sometimes takes a couple of weeks.
are you sure you included all the required information about your case in the email (as described in the selection letter section on how to contact them?)

KCC is busy. It sometimes takes a couple of weeks.
are you sure you included all the required information about your case in the email (as described in the selection letter section on how to contact them?)
yes I send this
Full Name: ******** ******
Case number: *******
Date of Birth: ********

I would be so grateful if you would unlock my DS 260 because i made some typing mistakes while filling out my application.
I forgot to add my high school institution infos and my Academic degree,
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

You will need to exercise some patience. KCC is currently backed-up. It is taking close to 4 weeks for them to respond to email messages.

KCC doesn’t take telephone calls anymore. If it’s taking an unusually long time for DS260 to be unlocked, what other possible means of contact is available, given you’re not supposed to send duplicate “unlock “ request?

KCC doesn’t take telephone calls anymore. If it’s taking an unusually long time for DS260 to be unlocked, what other possible means of contact is available, given you’re not supposed to send duplicate “unlock “ request?
Logically the more people sending repeat requests the longer the backlog is. Just wait.

hi I made a mistake in my ds 260 on 10 may 2021, and send them email to unlock it on 13 may 2021, because I forgot to add my high school institution infos and my Academic degree,its been 12 days and my ds 260 still locked !!!
did they respond yet?

I’m beginning to think given all that’s going on, there is a likelihood they just may not answer the unlock request- can’t get them via telephone too... Is my reading correct?

I’m beginning to think given all that’s going on, there is a likelihood they just may not answer the unlock request- can’t get them via telephone too... Is my reading correct?
They responded to my email from May 10, 2021 earlier this week.

The sad part for is on that first email, I asked if the mistake I made was okay. They then responded with a long answer that basically equates to... you should not have any mistake. So from that I can gather that if you are aware of any mistake send an unlock request.

I sent an unlock request a week later, so I am guessing my unlock request so be answered soon. Had I not join this forum, I would not have sent that request a week later, this is helping me save time. Bless up!

Last edited:
i also made same mistake like you , and send email to kcc on jun13 . but still lock, how about you .my fri ? your case aldy unlock ?

Hello there,

I just submitted DS260 for myself and my spouse on Sep 23rd. I made the mistake to put his mother's name wrong. I put her name of birth but she changes her name. I just sent an email to do unlock request on Sep 26. My case is really serious? Do you know how long KCC will unlock DS260?

Hello there,

I just submitted DS260 for myself and my spouse on Sep 23rd. I made the mistake to put his mother's name wrong. I put her name of birth but she changes her name. I just sent an email to do unlock request on Sep 26. My case is really serious? Do you know how long KCC will unlock DS260?
personally I would just have updated that at the interview but seeing as you’ve already asked them to unlock you can update the form

personally I would just have updated that at the interview but seeing as you’ve already asked them to unlock you can update the form
As my understanding, I still have time to wait about 6 weeks for KCC to unlock my case to update the form before I have the interview, right?