How long for San Jose INS to cash the cheques?

Process

Right now I am on this:

1. Submit application
2. Chequed cashed
3. Receive letter to pickup EAD/Travel Document
4. Receive Finger print notice for I-485
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?

The finger print notict is different from the EAD appointment notice. They are sent seperately. As for the finger print, just go to the ASC and show them the letter. You don't need to make appointment.

EAD picked up

luckky,
I just picked up my EAD. I had almost similar experience. Pretty straightforward. Yes there is finger printing step. It is Between step 3 and 4.

Baig

folks, hele me in two questions since you had the experience

I just married with A US Citizen. I am a H1B now and we live in San Jose. He will sponsor my greencard. We are trying to apply by ourseleves. A few questions here:
1) in the part II of form I-485, which selection should I choose: a) with a approved petition, or h) others?
2) Should I do the medical examination now and put all I-693 in this package? Or I can do medical examination later?

Thanks in advance

thanks, baig

Another step in between? ok... :rolleyes:

Let's keep doing what we are doing now, like exchanging information,
writing experiences, posting timelines etc.

Please post it once you receive the finger print notice and other steps/timelines.

Good luck to everyone! :)

I-485 petition

bluesky123 said:
I just married with A US Citizen. I am a H1B now and we live in San Jose. He will sponsor my greencard. We are trying to apply by ourseleves. A few questions here:
1) in the part II of form I-485, which selection should I choose: a) with a approved petition, or h) others?
2) Should I do the medical examination now and put all I-693 in this package? Or I can do medical examination later?

Thanks in advance

1. Choose Others and explain, in needed, attach an extra sheet of paper and explain in detail. That's what I did and it was little more complicated but it worked.
2. No, not now. wait for the direction from them.

when to receive finger print notice?

forgot to ask: should we receive finger print notice approximately right after we get EAD appointment notice?

i just noticed that romit received finger print notice almost at the same time as receiving EAD notice.

Anyone knows?

yes

Luccky,
Supposed to be... But I haven't received mine yet. Lets wait and see for a few more weeks.

I will update as soon as I receive mine.

Baig

Finger print notice received

I received my FP notice yesterday.

App Submitted: May 6, 2004
EAD Pick up date: July 16, 2004
FP notice received: July 24, 2004

Baig

EAD and AP picked up

Here are my timelines:

June 14, 2004: package dropped at San Jose dropbox
July 6, 2004: Received notice to pickup EAD and AP
July 15, 2004: Received notice for Finger printing
July 17, 2004: Finger print done
July 23, 2004: EAD and AP picked up (it was a very simple process, no hassle)
???????, 2004: hopefully the interview

Wait to hear from others.

Thank you.

wow~

good to know that you guys have done the last step before the interview. :)

i'm still waiting for my FP notice and hoping to get it soooooooooooon. :D

Timelines:

Application submitted: 6/3/2004
Cheques cashed: 6/22/2004
Receipt & Notice letter for EAD received: 7/7/2004
Date to pick up EAD: 7/14/2004
FP Notice: still waiting....

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my fingerprinting notice too!

received the finger printing notice on Friday. :)

what is the finger print procedure? i assume it's pretty straightforward, just
as the EAD pickup experience.

romit and baig, what was your experience of finger printing? how long would it
take?

thanks a lot for sharing. :D

migue

thanks for your post. i figured that's the case that the online status check
is only for service centers.

luckyyy said:
received the finger printing notice on Friday. :)

what is the finger print procedure? i assume it's pretty straightforward, just
as the EAD pickup experience.

romit and baig, what was your experience of finger printing? how long would it
take?

thanks a lot for sharing. :D

It is a straightforward procedure. go to the support center, they will give you a form to fill up. fill it up, stand on the line. (some people will be filling it up while standing on the line which they don't like). they will check your fingers and give you a number. wait in a room until your number is called. then they take your finger prints and let you go. takes about 30 minutes all together.

good luck.

Romit

I have some strange question..
I was here on H1.. So, I never had A#. However when I applied for V1 & EAD, & got the receipt notices for both, the receipt notice for I-539 showed my name & some A xxxxxxxxx, on right top side of the receipt notice. I don't & didn't know that it was my A#.. That number was also there when I got approval notice for I-539(V1). However, when I got my EAD , based on V1 Its showed clearly on top mentioning INS A # xxx-xxx-xxx. Which was different then what was mentined on V1 COS approval notice.. Can you check, whether this is the case with your wife?

Which is my correct A #?

My wife's case was even more messed up. We had very similar situation but it was because of our mistake.

My wife was on a student visa. she had an EAD through post practical training (after completing school). That had an A#. Using this EAD she received Social Security card. she was still using her maiden name at this time.

when we applied for her V-1, we put wrong A# on the form (by mistake I put mine). Therefore the EAD card came with my A#. she changed her last name at this time to my last name. so, we went to social security office to change her name on the card. she submitted the new EAD card, they said, this A# belongs to somebody else (of course, it is me). therefore, they did not accept the change. we stayed with it.

Now we applied for her AOS. Now when we received the finger print notice and EAD pickup notice, etc, we see that they have provided a completely new A#. she already received a new EAD card with the new A#. We haven't gone to SS office yet to change her name but we will soon and see what we find in the store for us.

it is confusing.

Finger print experience

Luckky,
My finger print experience was pretty similar to romit's. I went on saturday filled out a form, a number was given, the number got called and they took the FP.

Very straightforward.

Good luck
Baig

Romit

But you have to write A#, while you apply for AOS(In I-485, I-765, G-325A & I-864A), if you have one. What A# you provided for your wife, in all these forms..

sap12452003 said:
But you have to write A#, while you apply for AOS(In I-485, I-765, G-325A & I-864A), if you have one. What A# you provided for your wife, in all these forms..

I provided the one that she had with the first EAD that she received. Looks like INS generates a completely new A# while processing AOS. That's what one attorney told me once. so, it really does not matter what you provide.