How long does the citizenship interview take?

vindictive123

Registered Users (C)
I got my interview letter and its says the proceeding will take about two hours. My question is does it take 2 hours or does it end earlier than 2 hours?
My field office is San Antonio.
Thanks,

Thanks for your reply. Pardon my ignorance but if the interview takes only 20 mins, what drags it to 2 hours? Is it just waiting for the interview takes that long or the whole process of checking in and waiting takes 2 hrs? Thanks,

The waiting is longer than the interview itself.

However it isn't necessarily as long as 2 hours. I waited about 30 minutes, then the interview took about 15 minutes. I guess it depends on how many applicants are there and how many interviewers are working; some places can be busier and slower than others.

Depends. If you have an early morning interview, you'll likely wait less. I had a 9 AM, and was in at 8:45, and done by 9:05. Oath by 2:30. I just got really lucky!

I had an afternoon appointment and it didn't take long either. My appointment was at 2:10 pm (I arrived 30 minutes earlier to go through security, etc.), my name was called 15 minutes later and the interview took about 16 minutes itself. It was in Phoenix, AZ