How long does a new i-94 take to update in the system?

ddr333

Registered Users (C)
He guys!

I just got approved and expecting my approve letter and new i-94.
I really need to get a SSN card.
So could anyone pls tell me can I instantly take my new i-94 to the SSA for SSN application?
Or should I wait for ... how long?

Thanks for giving me some hints.

no you don't have to wait. as soon as you get ur approval letter and ur new i-94 go to the SSA office and apply for a new SSN. that's what i did. good luck.

If your I-589 is approved by USCIS, then you will receive in the mail an EAD(A05) valid for 2 years. When you receive it, take it with you to the SSA office and they will be able to verify it right away within seconds. I-94 on the other hand, takes time to be updated in the system.

Take the EAD(A05) and the I-94. If they can't verify I-94 right away, ask them to use your EAD(A05).

no you don't have to wait. as soon as you get ur approval letter and ur new i-94 go to the SSA office and apply for a new SSN. that's what i did. good luck.

Oh really? Thanks for your info!
BTW: What do you mean by "That's what I said"?

If your I-589 is approved by USCIS, then you will receive in the mail an EAD(A05) valid for 2 years. When you receive it, take it with you to the SSA office and they will be able to verify it right away within seconds. I-94 on the other hand, takes time to be updated in the system.

Take the EAD(A05) and the I-94. If they can't verify I-94 right away, ask them to use your EAD(A05).

Thank you assylum!
Sorry that I didn't make it very clear.
Actually I was approved by my wife's i-730 petition. So I was wondering what if I bring my new i-94 and approval letter to SSA in order to get a SSN card.
Could you pls advise what's gonna happen in this case?

The I-94 numbers might take up to 10-30 days to be on the online verification system (SAVE).

EADs and Green Cards are available immediately in SAVE program because they are issued by CLAIMS 3 program.

The I-94 numbers might take up to 10-30 days to be on the online verification system (SAVE).

EADs and Green Cards are available immediately in SAVE program because they are issued by CLAIMS 3 program.

Thanks again assylum!
I've applied for the SSN card and I got a receipt saying that it may take up to 4 weeks to verification and send me a SSN card.
Wish me luck!