How long did it take for your passport to arrive (NON-expediated request)...

I received something in the mail today. It is blue, has my picture, and says 'passport' on the cover : ) 3 weeks and one day. Just waiting for the cert and card. Regular processing.

I received my passport book yesterday but did not received passport card and certificate today. Should I be concerned? I see others always get car dand cettificate one day after
receiving passport book so I am worried.

Are you worried before your use your passport at border first time? You may worry it is not accaptbale by boder control.

Any march pp applicants?
Arjun

Applied 3/5 - routine processing at local Post Office. Dept. of State website status shows a locator number so I guess they have my application and it is referring me to the routine processing time lines...hopefully there will be some movement soon. I am at 3 weeks today

applied for passport on 03/04
received passort book on 03/24
received passport card and cert on 03/26

Passport application online status still show "in the final processing stage and ETA is still 03/28/2010" not "passport mailed"

Now is it over? Should I still be worried when in future I am to enter USA from abroad wondering:"What if my passport is a fake and will not be aaccepted by border check"? :)

march pp

Applied 3/5 - routine processing at local Post Office. Dept. of State website status shows a locator number so I guess they have my application and it is referring me to the routine processing time lines...hopefully there will be some movement soon. I am at 3 weeks today

Applied 3/8
Email 3/26- PP mailed

Status update on the Dept. of State website as of this morning - passport has been mailed along with del conf number. Estimated delivery per the site nlt 04/04/10 (which is a Sunday - gotta build in some smarts to recognize weekends!)
Anyway, glad the thing is in the mail. If it gets to me by Friday I would be at exactly 4 weeks from submitting the application.

Status update on the Dept. of State website as of this morning - passport has been mailed along with del conf number. Estimated delivery per the site nlt 04/04/10 (which is a Sunday - gotta build in some smarts to recognize weekends!)
Anyway, glad the thing is in the mail. If it gets to me by Friday I would be at exactly 4 weeks from submitting the application.

Passport received today - applied 3/5, arrived 4/1

Anybody applied US passport with name changes on NC.
How did you applied.

Appreciate your response.

Applied for PP for me,wife and son on 03/27, me and wife got our passports on 04/15.My son's status shows..still processing. Not sure when will i receive it,any one in same situation where kids passports got delayed.

We got our passports (me, my wife and my 12 year old daughter) today. We got the passports, NCs, my daughter's foreign BC and GC all at the same time - a packet for each passport along with the supporting documents. The journey is finally over though I still have to do N-600 for my daughter.

We applied on 3/31, routine status; status changed to "in final processing stage" yesterday, called the customer service this morning and she told me they were mailed yesterday but to a pleasent surprise I got them in today's mail at 3.30pm central time. Our checks were cashed on 4/6 (post office checks on 4/5), added PP card to the applications on 4/8. The PP's were processed (i.e. issued) on 4/12, (may be adding PP card helps :), just speculating as when I called this morning the CS person asked me when I was traveling, I told her I wasn't traveling immediately and she said oh well it has been processed), haven't received the PP cards yet. I am glad I chose not to do an expedited service or overnight. Saved over $200, 16 days was lightning fast for normal service.

We still haven't received any communication from SSA on our applications to update our citizenship status in our SS records. They said 10 days but it has been 17 days.

We still haven't received our voters card as well.

Pending tasks:

1) N-600 for my daughter
2) SSA confirmation for change of status
3) Voters card
4) OCIs (since we are natives from India and would definitely be visiting at least for the foreseeable future)

Once I get the above checked off I can be at peace not having to deal with government agencies :D

We got our passports (me, my wife and my 12 year old daughter) today. We got the passports, NCs, my daughter's foreign BC and GC all at the same time - a packet for each passport along with the supporting documents. The journey is finally over though I still have to do N-600 for my daughter.

We applied on 3/31, routine status; status changed to "in final processing stage" yesterday, called the customer service this morning and she told me they were mailed yesterday but to a pleasent surprise I got them in today's mail at 3.30pm central time. Our checks were cashed on 4/6 (post office checks on 4/5), added PP card to the applications on 4/8. The PP's were processed (i.e. issued) on 4/12, (may be adding PP card helps :), just speculating as when I called this morning the CS person asked me when I was traveling, I told her I wasn't traveling immediately and she said oh well it has been processed), haven't received the PP cards yet. I am glad I chose not to do an expedited service or overnight. Saved over $200, 16 days was lightning fast for normal service.

We still haven't received any communication from SSA on our applications to update our citizenship status in our SS records. They said 10 days but it has been 17 days.

We still haven't received our voters card as well.

Pending tasks:

1) N-600 for my daughter
2) SSA confirmation for change of status
3) Voters card
4) OCIs (since we are natives from India and would definitely be visiting at least for the foreseeable future)

Once I get the above checked off I can be at peace not having to deal with government agencies :D

I too applied PP on 04/10/2010 non-expediated request. What is the secret of getting PP by 15 days. Some persons are getting it and not all.

Did you receive any confirmation number/ reference number while updating SSA in SS office. I too update and they said that I will get by 10 days. so for not received. I don't know how to check it. I don't have any reference number.

N400 Application details - 5 year’s GC completed
08/05/2009 - App Sent to Lewisville, Texas
08/07/2009 - NOA received 08/07/2009 – Checks cashed
08/17/2009 - FP notice received
09/03/2009 - FP Done in Philadelphia PA
09/19/2009 – Interview Letter received
11/23/2009 - Interview at Philadelphia PA
03/29/2009 - Oath ceremony letter received
04/08/2010 - Oath Ceremony at Allentown Court House
04/10/20010 - Passport and Passport card applied
xx/xx/20010 - Passport Received
xx/xx/20010 - Got back Naturalization certificate
xx/xx/20010 - Passport Card Received

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
We had (me,my wife and son) applied for passports, myself and wife got the passports.Yesterday recd a letter from Passport agency requesting original green card of my son to process his passport.Did any one had the same experience.

dkagc