How long can we stay after H1b expired

zaks

Registered Users (C)
All in a sudden I lost my job and eventually my h1b visa. How long can I stay for searching new jobs and still be able to return in the legal status (with new h1b) when I get a job?

zaks said:
All in a sudden I lost my job and eventually my h1b visa. How long can I stay for searching new jobs and still be able to return in the legal status (with new h1b) when I get a job?

You can stay until your I-94 Expires. Once your I-94 expires you will be out of status. That will keep you in Illegal Status.

HBK said:
You can stay until your I-94 Expires. Once your I-94 expires you will be out of status. That will keep you in Illegal Status.

------Now he is out of status once I-94 expires he will be staying ILLEGALy in US

thank you both for your reply.
My I-94 has "D/S" [Duration of Stay].

Does that mean, I am not gonna be illegal if I stay longer without any status?

What if during the period of my out of status, I get a job. Can I go back to H1b again without leaving this country?

zaks said:
thank you both for your reply.
My I-94 has "D/S" [Duration of Stay].

Does that mean, I am not gonna be illegal if I stay longer without any status?

What if during the period of my out of status, I get a job. Can I go back to H1b again without leaving this country?

If you are on out of status in the US. You have to go back to your home country consulate for H-1B stampting.