How long after PR status can one apply for citizenship?

dv2007us

Registered Users (C)
I recently got immigrant status through the DV program. I already lived in the US as a student on F1 for 4 years. Now I am a Permanent Resident. I would like to know when I can apply for US Citizenship? I know the rule is that you have to reside in the US for 5 years but in my case do the previous 4 years living in the US as a student count as part of these 5 years? I have heard they do. In that case, I can apply next year for US Citizenship - right?

i now have a conditional GC. Does this time count or only after I have my 10 year GC ?

so i only need to wait for 3 years from the date that I got my conditional GC to be eligible to apply for Citizenship ?

Thanks
Yes, if you meet all the other requirements (cumulative physical presence in the US for at least 18 months out of those 3 years, married to and living with the US citizen spouse for the entire 3 years, etc.).

I recently got immigrant status through the DV program. I already lived in the US as a student on F1 for 4 years. Now I am a Permanent Resident. I would like to know when I can apply for US Citizenship? I know the rule is that you have to reside in the US for 5 years but in my case do the previous 4 years living in the US as a student count as part of these 5 years? I have heard they do. In that case, I can apply next year for US Citizenship - right?
Nice idea - but it doesn't work that way.
(else most H1/L1 holders would be eligible to apply directly for citizenship when their 485 gets approved :) )