How likely is it to have you immigrant status wrong on you social-security record?

Dude, let your wife check her own work eligibility by doing Self-check for eVerify (at USCIS website). If she puts her current status (as an LPR) and the system shows that she is authorised to work, then it means that the SSA has her correct status. And please stop beating the dead horse because the thread indeed looks like a joke by now.

We called the local office: When we go to update along with her certificate, they want to see a copy of her old greencard, her passport, state ID, birth cert, and marriage cert. As for her status, they can't give that info over the phone.

So if it was screwed up (her being listed as a citizen for the last 10 years when she should have been listed as an LPR): would there be any blow back from the USCIS? Would they come after my wife for misrepresentation on her application (the whole have you ever claimed to be a USC question)? Or would it likely just be something that we'd fix and not have to worry about any legal troubles from the USCIS?
They need to prove that your wife made a misrepresentation, which means they have to dig up her original SSN application. Wrong information in the database is not proof positive that she misrepresented her immigration status. I strongly doubt that they will go that far, unless the government has a criminal case against her and looking for any little thing to crucify her with.

Just relax.

They need to prove that your wife made a misrepresentation, which means they have to dig up her original SSN application. Wrong information in the database is not proof positive that she misrepresented her immigration status. I strongly doubt that they will go that far, unless the government has a criminal case against her and looking for any little thing to crucify her with.

Just relax.

Well her concern is that she might have ticked the wrong box under "citizenship" on the form. She's fairly certain she didn't, and even if she did, I'm thinking the clerk would have caught it and questioned when my wife presented her supporting documents (Greencard, birth certificate). Hell, I'm thinking it should have kicked up a flag when the USCIS ran the social-security number or her background checks.

Her USCIS computer record had errors that they had to fix--paper form said one thing, computer had typos or flipped numbers so she's nervous about it happening again. Toss in the AO thinking she was hiding a DUI cause she doesn't drive. And it just makes you rethink every step you've made over the years.

Even if it is/was buggered, I don't see it very likely the SSA would report it, or if they did that the USCIS would see a need to act on it. It certainly doesn't seem like something they'd waste the time going through the whole denaturalization routine for or something we couldn't overcome if they did.

Once again, tell your wife to use Self-check at usics.gov and know for sure whether the SSA has her current correct status or not. This would also prevent the thread to go on forever.

Tried it, it can't do the check on her because we've got a security freeze / fraud alert on some of our credit accounts. Tried my number (I'm a natural born USC) and got the same error.

Any, as I was saying: Even if she checked the wrong box, so long as she hadn't used documents showing her as a USC the SSA clerk she saw should have caught it. For that matter, I'm thinking it should have popped up a flag on the USCIS background checks.

The CIS has better things to do than chasing a common mistake at the SSA a decade ago, a mistake that I specifically told you happened to many people I know. You don't even know if a mistake was made, yet you insist on worrying about it.

Oh well, it's your life.