How hard is the new citizenship test?

JinRoh

Registered Users (C)
Just curious to those who have taken it. How many questions did you get right? Also how is the test performed? Do they ask you to verbally answer the questions or is this in some form of a paper exam type of test?

They ask the questions verbally as part of the understanding English portion. My Interviewer only asked me six questions since I got them all, and you only need six. He seemed to print them in what I think was a randomly generated selection.

They ask the questions verbally as part of the understanding English portion. My Interviewer only asked me six questions since I got them all, and you only need six. He seemed to print them in what I think was a randomly generated selection.

Wow. Are they really sepcific with their questions? Such as, "Why was the Declaration of INdependence written?"

or was it more like...

"Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?" sorta thing?

Questions are asked/ phrased exactly as you read in the study guide.

If 10 questions are exactly selected from those 100 pre-wriiten question with answers given, why are there so many study materials like flashcard? Won't
just memorizing those 100 questions be more than enough?

If 10 questions are exactly selected from those 100 pre-wriiten question with answers given, why are there so many study materials like flashcard? Won't
just memorizing those 100 questions be more than enough?

It may be more usefull to memorise the answers :D

Just memorize the answers, there aren't that many tough questions. They read them from the printout, exactly the same wording as in the booklet.

Can IOs ask us politicial opinions on particular issues? Especially if applicants
come from countries that have sensitive relationship with the US?

Can IOs ask us politicial opinions on particular issues? Especially if applicants
come from countries that have sensitive relationship with the US?
I wouldn't be surprised if some IOs do ask, but they can't use it against you, unless you stand up and shout "death to America" ;). There will always be some insensitive IOs, no matter how much training they have.

[

I rememeber there is a randomly generated question with multiple choice test
on USCIS website but I cannot find it anymore

Those were questions for the "old" test, maybe it has been removed from the site?

Is there any audio materials that exactly recite those 100 questions so that we can download or order?

I'm not a good test taker, and went 6/6 on the new exam questions. They are quite straight forward questions. Just read the exam book and/or listen to the audio track (which reads the Q&As from the exam book). Most of the questions have exact answers too, so you need not worry about the interpretation of the answer. Study for at least a few hours and you will pass with flying colors.