How exactly DHS know if we renewed our passport or not?

asylee22 said:
do they get info from your home country?

First of all, the question is on the I-131 form.

Second, if the DHS asks you this during an adjustment interview or an citizenship interview, you have to answer truthfully. If you do not, you are committing a federal crime called perjury.

Usa2002

You need to slow down on wireless and others about their asylum status.How do you know they lied about their presucation and why we should not believe that you did not lie about your asylum. so please do not spread your frustation here this forum is about to help eachother not a fighting place I hope you don't mind.
Thanks

Well You can renew it..its very weird, they say DONOT Renew your passport but then if you get ur GC how are u supposed to travel? Wait 8 months for a RTD?

My uncle travelled to his home country with his national passport..came back in NY JFK with no problems using his GC. He wasn't asked anything...

let me ask you a question when was it ,your uncle travelled to his home country with his native country passport.

wantmygcnow said:
He did it just now and just got back last saturday..
Some countries' conditions have transformed drastically in the last few years so your uncle may have got away with that but i think most asylees would be scrutinized if they did like what your uncle did.

wantmygcnow said:
Well You can renew it..its very weird, they say DONOT Renew your passport but then if you get ur GC how are u supposed to travel? Wait 8 months for a RTD?

My uncle travelled to his home country with his national passport..came back in NY JFK with no problems using his GC. He wasn't asked anything...

Did you uncle use a RTD or not ? cause I know after we have a green card we still have to use RTD for traveling out side USA. Iam just curious what would happen if after received GC and go travelling just using my passport and GC (w/o RTD)

thanks