how effective the INS Inforpass is?

asylee_BD

Registered Users (C)
hi all,
from reading threads of this forum and discussing people outside of this forum,i learned that INS infopass is not an effective way to make things happen(i mean eliminating "unnecessary delay in case processing" ).so,i have one questions to all of u "what do the immigration officers who used to talk with the immigrants in infopass appointment do?"
do they contact the authority/AO's after the interview or they do nothing but give some fake assurance to the appointee?

hi all,
from reading threads of this forum and discussing people outside of this forum,i learned that INS infopass is not an effective way to make things happen(i mean eliminating "unnecessary delay in case processing" ).so,i have one questions to all of u "what do the immigration officers who used to talk with the immigrants in infopass appointment do?"
do they contact the authority/AO's after the interview or they do nothing but give some fake assurance to the appointee?

I have never delt with infopass before.
I usually call the asylum office directly. I heard that infopass works well for other applications not asylum application.

hi ViaPalermo,
have u made any infopass yet as u are also waiting for a long time regarding asylum decision.

I never tried the infopass because I was told they don't have access to Asylum files. I have made a phone call to the asylum office, the operator told me she could not address my questions over the phone then I sent the inquiry letter.
So far I am waiting...
Whatever happens i will keep you updated.

Based on my experience, not so effective and I could say the same about my father. If all that they could do was "inform" an applicant about the online status that any ordinary applicant could check by entering the Receipt number, what's the point of scheduling an appointment? So based on my experience, it wasn't that resourceful.

But then again, it could be worth giving a shot.