How easy to get AP from Local INS office

aaina

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
   I have applied AP in middle of august. I need to travel to India in middle of oct. I didn\'t get receipt of AP yet. I have receipt number of I-485. If I go to local INS center (Dallas) next week, how easy to get AP from there? What documents should I bring? Please suggest something. I have already bought the tickets.

Thanks.

Proof of travel should be enough

I485 receipt is all that is required for AP. And a valid reason. Fedex receipts for AP can also help.

However, beware, you might be forced to use EAD after coming back. You will be held at the POE while coming back and you have to prove that the travel was necessary. You should also have proof about not abondaning your sponsoring employer (paystub, employment letter etc.)INS has authority to not let you in while on AOS.

Thanks for your reply

I already have EAD. Right now I am on H-1 but don\'t have stamp in the passport. My spouse\'s company is applying GC. My spouse has valid H-1 with mutiple entry. Is it ok if he comes back on H1 and I on AP?

Thanks for your help.

One more ques

Hi,
  Does any one have idea that how much time local INS takes for AP? Do they give on same day or will take some time.
Please advice something.

Thanks

Thanks

I have already checked this. My problem is I don\'t have stamp of H1 on my passport so I can not come back on H1. The other option is that I take stamp in India.
If some one has got AP from local INS office, please share your experience.

Thanks.

not easy at atlanta

It is not easy to get AP at Atlanta Office. WHen we went there, they said they would not accept walk-in application unless it was based on two emergent situations (death or serious sickness of close relatives, approved by a document signed by a doctor). They required us to mail the application to them. I am not sure whether other local office may accept the walk-in AP application.

Please share your experience

If someone has got AP from local INS Dallas, please share your experience. I am thinking of going there next week sometime.

Thanks.

How can I still keep my H1B status after using AP?

I get AP from my husband side and want to leave States and come back with AP. Currently I hold my own H1B. How can I keep my own H1B after used AP? Please help! Thanks!

Use of Advance Parole, Continuation of Work in H, L Status

go to this site: http://www.fragomen.com/index2.html
click on "Immigration Resource Center"
click on "U.S. Immigrations Headlines" on the side bar
click on "May 2000"
click on 5/18/2000
and read on.

That headline is more than a year old. If there has been a further development on that situation, please someone post the updated news.

Thanks