How early can we go for visa stamping?

edealfan

Registered Users (C)
Hi:

I have my H1B approved for a start date of 1st Oct'04. I am planning to go to Chennai for my consular processing in Aug'04. Can anyone please let me know when is the earliest that I can go in for visa stamping?

You can even go for visa stamping now (6 months before start date- with interview requirements and Q building up for interviews), but you will receive visa start date from Oct 1,2004. You can enter US a few days before.

Jaxen

I have the same situation. My wife who is working with a company on OPT (F1) wants to vist India in August and return in Sept 1st wk. But her H1-B start date is Oct, 01 2004.

In your messege above you mentioned you can go as early as want but you can come only a few days before. Do you how many days before you can come back?

Also do you know at what what status will she re-enter the US? Because when she comes back in Sept she will still be on OPT (F1) and woudn't the authorites wanna see her F1 stamp in teh passport and not the H1.

Or lets say she is allowed to enter on H1 B in sept, but her H1 actually starts in Oct, then can she work for that period. Because she entered on H1 status, but her H1 will not start before Oct 1st.

Thanks in advance for your help

Did you apply in Premium processing category for H-1 ?

edealfan said:
Hi:

I have my H1B approved for a start date of 1st Oct'04. I am planning to go to Chennai for my consular processing in Aug'04. Can anyone please let me know when is the earliest that I can go in for visa stamping?

-- Did you apply in Premium processing category for H-1 ? When did you send in your papers and when it got approved. please inform.
--Thanks, Sraos

Hi Sraos!

Yes..I applied my H1B thru premium process. INS (or CIS) received it on Apr 8th and I got my approval on 20th Apr'04.

BTW when did U apply? Did u get ur receipt number?

I applied my H1-B with normal processing (no premium). The receipt date was April 6th and I got the approval on 22nd. - Amazing