How early can one file for EAD/AP renewal?

Quietist

Registered Users (C)
My first EAD still has over 8 months left before expiration in late January 2005, and my AP does not expire until February. But my lawyer (big firm hired by employer) has already sent me the paperwork for renewing them.

I'm pleased that they're so proactive on my behalf, but does anyone have any experience with filing for renewals of EAD and AP so far in advance? What is the earliest date that you can file and still have your applications accepted? Has anyone had their application returned for being 'too early'?

Quietist said:
My first EAD still has over 8 months left before expiration in late January 2005, and my AP does not expire until February. But my lawyer (big firm hired by employer) has already sent me the paperwork for renewing them.

I'm pleased that they're so proactive on my behalf, but does anyone have any experience with filing for renewals of EAD and AP so far in advance? What is the earliest date that you can file and still have your applications accepted? Has anyone had their application returned for being 'too early'?

You could send 5 to 6 months in advance there is no problem.

"You could send 5 to 6 months in advance there is no problem"

- True. AND, you can renew only 6 months prior to the expiration date. Means, if you have 8 more months before it expires, you'll have to wait for 2 more months to the mininum before re-applying.