How do you fill in the N-400 form?

bradpittt

Registered Users (C)
I first tried to fill in by computer-typing. However, there are some places that I need to type in more words. The extra words do not show up in the place, instead it showed a "+" sign along with a scroll-down function. Even though I can use the scroll down function to navigate to see the extra words, but I could not see it when I print it out into paper copy.

It seems that I have to use handwriting. Is the handwriting to fill the form acceptable? Should I write all letters in CAPITAL?

Thanks!

I first tried to fill in by computer-typing. However, there are some places that I need to type in more words. The extra words do not show up in the place, instead it showed a "+" sign along with a scroll-down function. Even though I can use the scroll down function to navigate to see the extra words, but I could not see it when I print it out into paper copy.

It seems that I have to use handwriting. Is the handwriting to fill the form acceptable? Should I write all letters in CAPITAL?

Thanks!

I had the same issue, try a new line break like i did, when you can no longer see the words you have typed, stop and move to line underneath if in the same field, if not you have to shorten the words, I did both just fine.

Thanks!

I had the same issue when filling in name and address of the companies I have worked in last 5 years. I just left it that way (with + sign).

Thanks!

Step 1 of instructions:

Type or print legibly in black ink.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/N-400ins.pdf