How do I sign my Certificate of Naturalization

masters

Registered Users (C)
I just went to my oath ceremony and received my certificate, I signed it as I always sign my name but did not notice that there was special instructions on how to do so. I followed the instructions told to me at the oath and that was to "sign the certificate or it would not be valid", they did not elaborate or specify how so I thought it was up to you on how to sign it. Anyway I just want to know is there a special way or form to sign it??

example : my name is (ramkumar karuni) i do sign like k.ramkumar

i have signed like this in my driving license all my credit cards

thank you

Instruction is to write your full name as signature on the certificate. no short cuts, is what I understood. What happens if you don't? I am not sure..may be someone could explain in more detail..

how to sign

I just got my naturalization certificate and they did elaborate on how to sign your certificate in the oath ceremony. You are supposed to sign your certificate exactly how you sign your name on the picture that is on the certificate. They made me print my full name on the picture so that is exactly how I signed my certificate.

At out oath ceremony we were instructed to write our name in full, in cursive handwriting. NOT the regular scrawl that we normally sign. It is the way we wrote our names on the photos during the interview.

I also "printed" my name in capital letters during interview on my picture. checked on several websites, it also said we should sign exactly the same way as we signed on our photos. I guess I will sign my "printed" on my natz cert.

I will just sign as my usual way when I get my passport.

The signature should match that on the picture. I think that's the reason why an IO would request you to sign on the photograph during the interview.

COGNAC

Just returned from Oath Ceremony today. I have asked the IO (not the temp worker) specificially about the signature on the Natz cert. She said we should sign exactly the same way we signed on the picture.

I also asked if my passport's signature has to match with the signature on the natz cert. She said I can sign anyway I want and don't need to match with the signature on the natz cert.

Just returned from Oath Ceremony today. I have asked the IO (not the temp worker) specificially about the signature on the Natz cert. She said we should sign exactly the same way we signed on the picture.

I also asked if my passport's signature has to match with the signature on the natz cert. She said I can sign anyway I want and don't need to match with the signature on the natz cert.

I see, so the passport can be your regular scrawl, and need not match the cursive full name on the photo and N400. Interesting info.
Thx.

masters (ramkumar), did you receive your u.s passport okay despite your signature being different in nat?

masters (ramkumar), did you receive your u.s passport okay despite your signature being different in nat?

I had signed my Naturalization Certificate just as 'masters' had described in his first post. I received my US passport and the naturalization certificate back without any problems.

One First Name Missing On Naturalization Certificate

I have Five First/Middle Names (plus my Family Name).

I signed my pictures at the Interview with all Five First/Middle Names plus my Family Name.

Due to limitations in CLAIMS or similar databases, the USCIS issued my Naturalization Certificate only with the first four plus the Family Name.

For example if my Full name was
Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo SMITH (SMITH being the Family Name)

my signature on the picture reads
Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo SMITH

and the computer-printed name on the certificate reads
Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta SMITH

I am OK with having a passport with only the first four names + Family Name.

My question is whether I should sign my Naturalization Certificate as
Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo SMITH (because it is my full name as per my Birth Certificate)

or
Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta SMITH (because the USCIS shortened the name they printed on the Certificate)

My question is whether I should sign my Naturalization Certificate as
Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta Echo SMITH (because it is my full name as per my Birth Certificate)

or
Alpha Bravo Charlie Delta SMITH (because the USCIS shortened the name they printed on the Certificate)

The signature on the Naturalization certificate should match the signature on the photograph.

What if I laminated my certificate and forgot to sign it first. Is it okay to sign over it?
Hehe, then you should not worry about the signature :D Didn't they tell you that you cannot laminate the naturalisation certificate because lamination renders it invalid? The IO at my oath ceremony repeated it at least three times. Prepare $345 and a lot of patience to file N-565 to replace your [expensively] laminated certificate.

Hehe, then you should not worry about the signature :D Didn't they tell you that you cannot laminate the naturalisation certificate because lamination renders it invalid? The IO at my oath ceremony repeated it at least three times. Prepare $345 and a lot of patience to file N-565 to replace your [expensively] laminated certificate.

hehe, i ripped my natz cert in 5 pieces and then my dog pooed on it. how should i sign it?

Don't bother about signing it because you need to get a replacement. The old one will become invalid as it has been torn and destroyed.

I think imapp was being sarcastic.

Reality is. NOBODY gives a crap about HOW you sign your certificate as long as you sign in black or blue ink (NOT with a felt tip pen or a pencil). It is just the last screw that USCIS can turn.

Big Joe is right nobody gives a crap, so stop being excited about the Nat'z certificate and how to sign it. You got it congratulations, get over it and stop making useless threads.

I would go further and say that the USCIS should do away with the current format of the naturalisation and citizenship certificates. Something akin to the Canadian citizenship certificate in credit card size with the printed signature and photo would be much better than what they issue now.

I have applied for name change along with my naturalization process. Should I use my new name or old name to sign the naturalization certificate?