How do I know that my AC21 has been applied????

abc94536

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

My lawyer says he has applied for my AC21 - is there a way I can verfy this?

Will there be a LUD change?

Will he recieve a notice from USCIS?

Is there a number I can call and confirm?

Thanks

abc94536 said:
Friends,

My lawyer says he has applied for my AC21 - is there a way I can verfy this?
--------------------- you can ask the copy of cover letter that he sent or any evidence. why do you think lawyer has not sent? if you dont belive your lawyer why to hire him??
Will there be a LUD change?
----------- I think no
Will he recieve a notice from USCIS?
----------no

Is there a number I can call and confirm?
-------------I dont think you can call directly to service center

Thanks

Ginnu,

A lawyer is a person too and is capable of lying and deception (probably much better than most of us). My spouses company lawyer lied to her saying her H1 is filed. I am talking about a 4 + billion dollar company.

Considering lawyer has sent in AC-21 papers, is there any way at all to get a confirmation of any sort that USCIS is aware of my job change?

patnams,

as far as I know, in general lawyers are there to make money just like you and me... like you said, they are humans, and hence they are prone to make mistakes. If you have a strong or even weak reason to believe your lawyer lied, you should find someone else or some other way ...

as for the answers to your questions, I filed AC21 myself, my status did not change nor did i get a receipt notice ( receipt notice for which application ? ) and I dont blame USCIS for that... its a new law and they dont have a procedure yet.