How do I chnage my name after being neutralized?

DreamyBunny45

Registered Users (C)
I became US citizenship on March last year. I did not change my name while I was applying for the citizenship. But now, I would like to change it.

Please help me with step by step of how to get my name changed. Thank you so much. :eek:

I became US citizenship on March last year. I did not change my name while I was applying for the citizenship. But now, I would like to change it.

Please help me with step by step of how to get my name changed. Thank you so much. :eek:

You would have to petition a state court to grant your name change. The laws governing name changes typically vary from state to state. What state do you reside in?

You would have to petition a state court to grant your name change. The laws governing name changes typically vary from state to state. What state do you reside in?

I am live in Virginia. I know that I have to go through the court in order to get my name changed. What about my Neutralization Certificate? Should I contact the immigration office to my name changed on my Neutralization Certificate as well? :confused:

Thank you so much for replying. :eek:

I am live in Virginia. I know that I have to go through the court in order to get my name changed. What about my Neutralization Certificate? Should I contact the immigration office to my name changed on my Neutralization Certificate as well? :confused:

Thank you so much for replying. :eek:

You are referring to the naturalization certificate, correct? I hope for your sake you don't have a NEUTRALIZATION certificate! :)

Once the court approves your name change petition, you will be issued a name change certificate, signed and sealed by the court clerk. Your existing naturalization certificate will be valid when used in conjunction with the name change certificate. There is no need to change the natz certificate.