How Can We Know H1b Status

rrrrr

i applied for H1B through consultancy...how can i know know they FILED or not...is there any place to check status

You should be able to ask them if they filed the application, there is no other way to know. You can possibly check the status when they receive a receipt notice from USCIS and you check online by going to USCIS' website.

An H1 is an employer's petition. Only they or their lawyer get any correspondance from USCIS. Your only source is your employer. If you wrote some check directly to USCIS from your account (like for Premium Processing), you can know when the check gets cleared.

No, it just means the petition was accepted. And it must be the employer's check. Its illegal for them to charge you for it.

what is the difference between H1B approved and petition accepte

Thanks for your reply.

What i meant to ask you was if the check is cashed does it mean that my petition got selected in H1B lottery.

What is the difference between petition accepted and H1B approved and what is the next step from petition accepted to H1B approval.

And, yes it is the employer's check not my check. Mine is genuine American company sponsored H1b new visa under master's quota.

Checked checks means your petition was selected. Otherwise they just reject the whole package. You have to wait (up to a few month) for them to process your application. Once they notify your employer, you can get a visa stamp at the local consulate and you can start working October 1, 2008.