* * * How can an American work in India ?

All I said was that I don't agree with the term UBI.. Eventhough I am here in the US and am pursuing my GC and later citizenship, I don't want to regret that I was born in India and the fact that I am here because of the base I got in India. It's like calling your mother a bitch just because you made it big and became rich:D :D :D

Is that wht u do in ur culture?

Opps....I am happy not to inherit such culture although Born in India...

I would be the first to call India a bitch and if my mother treated me the same way as India did, I would call her a bitch too! Damn, India makes BCIS look good!

SM is getting lots of heat for saying truth. It is such a hypocracy on part of all the hot heads who posted earlier when they are waiting in line for GC and will later on try to get US citizenship (even if it means surrendering their Indian citizenship). If you are so patriotic and blessed to be born in India then why not go back there. Not admitting but you guys are practically doing what SM barely said. And what the hell is a Malibu race car anyway?? India may have given you education but has it given you opportunity? Where ever you are in your career, more than likely it is due to the opportunities you have availed in the US.

gopher97,

Hey no one calls their mother a bitch even is she is one, and one more thing, it is the people who r mean not a piece of land or culture every culture preaches good things it is upto to the people how they follow the good path.

I dont know where or which country u come from but I tell u this
Even a bitch in India wants to give her child the best and makes some sacrifice for the kids

Not like westren world where u burn the bed and break the plate when the kid turns 18.

take it easy buddy.

-RM

RM_CSC,

If you hate the western world so much, go home! And take your plates and bed with you!

Hey no one calls their mother a bitch even is she is one
Oh really? Didn't know you conducted a poll on this!

Ok all you defenders of India - I'm sure its a great place but the dollars are better "end ol" - am I right - or why are you here ? - so shut up or ship out and leave the CSC with less of a load so the rest of us who are not defending our countries can get a green card - of course you are going to go back when you retire - you'll be able to live like a f*** Maharaj on your social security check alone - its a no-brainer - not exactly a " I love my country so much I want to grow old there with grace " kinda move - so leave ol' silly man alone - earn your dollars and be happy .. stop being so holier than f***** thou!!

Ok all you defenders of India - I'm sure its a great place but the dollars are better "end ol" - am I right - or why are you here ? - so shut up or ship out and leave the CSC with less of a load so the rest of us who are not defending our countries can get a green card - of course you are going to go back when you retire - you'll be able to live like a f*** Maharaj on your social security check alone - its a no-brainer - not exactly a " I love my country so much I want to grow old there with grace " kinda move - so leave ol' silly man alone - earn your dollars and be happy .. stop being so holier than f***** thou!!

Amen!

Jo apnon ka na hua wo doosaron ka kya hoga..

Why miss linda are you so raked up? Just because somebody can living as maharaja and you would be stretched to pay your medical insurance. (Hope thats not the case.) Is that why you are angry?

Whats wrong in defdending in once native country, I guess you would be the one who would be calling her country "bitch" at the first instance. People look for better opportunity all the time and thats why many of us are here, but it does not mean denigrating your native country. Pathetic attitude!

Originally posted by StillWaitinCSC
Dang Sillyman you sure PO a lot off folks with this one...:D Maybe its time to say I'm sorry :D

Interesting that I am only now (midnight) reading what went on in this thread. Plus I know I am gonna be busy today, so I won't be able to read this all day tommorow, so I figured since all this uproar has me in the center, I might as well reply.

kingno1, you edited your messages out, so I could not even read them. :eek: :eek: , so I really don't know what started this uproar. LOL. Frankly if I say "The sky is blue" .. there would be some dude who will take objection, so it doesn't matter.

UBI is a term like ABCD. It refers to a person who was born in India, but has all foreign accents and knows everything about everywhere without ever setting foot outside the country. Another term for that is RNI = Resident Non Indian. (As opposed to NRI). So when you say PIO, I thought that meant UBI. (Didn't know PIO meant Person of Indian Origin).

Which is why I had said, Is PIO = UBI = Unfortunately Born in India?

... So I never started the uproar, it is this string of misinterpretations and fixed set sick mindsets that started it.

.. Another thing, folks here on the verge of getting their green cards, demanding the right to stay here, work here and be treated equal .. are actually denigrating America .. their new home. Just sad if I may say. Try asking for these rights in Saudi Arabia (or any muslim country for that matter).

I'd like to repeat lindMac's question,
If India is so much better than America, why are you here putting up with all this BCIS torture?.

FYI, INsBeats2Death, I can afford my medical insurance, and I was no Maharaja back in India.

http://www.boloji.com/kabir/dohas/kd20.htm

The one thing India has better is it's rich cultural heritage. But I read about Yoga on MSNBC, and not on timesofindia. I see people doing Yoga and Chi at Stanford, but not at IIT (atleast not to that extent). I see people flocking like crazy to watch "Ek choti si love story" .. even getting beaten by police in a mad frenzy to buy tickets, and people behaving totally maturely on an R rated movie right here.

Not saying that America's culture is better, but our's won't remain any better at the pace it is detoriating.

This board welcomes off topic level headed conversation alongwith immigration talk. It does not welcome personal attacks. If this thread detoriates further, I will close it.

Though I am hoping .. atleast the real Indians of us, will remember the one good thing Indian culture taught us, "tolerance and consideration", and try and maintain a healthy conversation here.

http://www.boloji.com/kabir/dohas/kd4.htm

The Indians who regularly visit strip bars will yell at me of course, afterall, the right to chastise others comes only from self-chastity, so hey why not chastise Silly Man while we can.

http://www.boloji.com/kabir/dohas/kd2.htm

PS: Just to clarify, I am *VERY* proud of being an Indian, but only because I have kept the Indian in myself alive. I donot drink, I donot smoke, I meditate everyday and I have never visited a strip bar. But, as of today, America is better than India, both in spirituality and materialism. I have discovered spirituality better here, than I could ever in India, simply because here I have the means, access and freedom to practise it. Just my views, you don't have to agree with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was good

SM, good posting...

Guys, Don't show your BCIS anger on others.

Enjoy your day.

Well said Sillyman...been and intersting thread in a time when nothing is happening on our cases. Hope everyone got all their frustrations out :D :D

By the way, what are we gonna do until October???

Silly Man excellent posting. I agree with you when you say both spritualism and materialism is better here. Kudos man. Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by Silly Man
Interesting that I am only now (midnight) reading what went on in this thread. Plus I know I am gonna be busy today, so I won't be able to read this all day tommorow, so I figured since all this uproar has me in the center, I might as well reply.

kingno1, you edited your messages out, so I could not even read them. :eek: :eek: , so I really don't know what started this uproar. LOL. Frankly if I say "The sky is blue" .. there would be some dude who will take objection, so it doesn't matter.

UBI is a term like ABCD. It refers to a person who was born in India, but has all foreign accents and knows everything about everywhere without ever setting foot outside the country. Another term for that is RNI = Resident Non Indian. (As opposed to NRI). So when you say PIO, I thought that meant UBI. (Didn't know PIO meant Person of Indian Origin).

Which is why I had said, Is PIO = UBI = Unfortunately Born in India?

... So I never started the uproar, it is this string of misinterpretations and fixed set sick mindsets that started it.

.. Another thing, folks here on the verge of getting their green cards, demanding the right to stay here, work here and be treated equal .. are actually denigrating America .. their new home. Just sad if I may say. Try asking for these rights in Saudi Arabia (or any muslim country for that matter).

I'd like to repeat lindMac's question,
If India is so much better than America, why are you here putting up with all this BCIS torture?.

FYI, INsBeats2Death, I can afford my medical insurance, and I was no Maharaja back in India.

http://www.boloji.com/kabir/dohas/kd20.htm

The one thing India has better is it's rich cultural heritage. But I read about Yoga on MSNBC, and not on timesofindia. I see people doing Yoga and Chi at Stanford, but not at IIT (atleast not to that extent). I see people flocking like crazy to watch "Ek choti si love story" .. even getting beaten by police in a mad frenzy to buy tickets, and people behaving totally maturely on an R rated movie right here.

Not saying that America's culture is better, but our's won't remain any better at the pace it is detoriating.

This board welcomes off topic level headed conversation alongwith immigration talk. It does not welcome personal attacks. If this thread detoriates further, I will close it.

Though I am hoping .. atleast the real Indians of us, will remember the one good thing Indian culture taught us, "tolerance and consideration", and try and maintain a healthy conversation here.

http://www.boloji.com/kabir/dohas/kd4.htm

The Indians who regularly visit strip bars will yell at me of course, afterall, the right to chastise others comes only from self-chastity, so hey why not chastise Silly Man while we can.

http://www.boloji.com/kabir/dohas/kd2.htm

PS: Just to clarify, I am *VERY* proud of being an Indian, but only because I have kept the Indian in myself alive. I donot drink, I donot smoke, I meditate everyday and I have never visited a strip bar. But, as of today, America is better than India, both in spirituality and materialism. I have discovered spirituality better here, than I could ever in India, simply because here I have the means, access and freedom to practise it. Just my views, you don't have to agree with them.

Well said sillyman....I totally agree with you.
When You said UBI = Unfortunately born Indian, I quoted..
"What is it unfortunate to be born in India?" And it went on and on....I edited my post so that ppl wont misinterpret it again and again...If I were mod, I wud have edited ur post too..:p
Anyways, Guess you shud close this thread...

Point to note...

Initially Sillyman asked when he didn't understand what PIO stands for:
Is PIO = UBI = Unfortunately Born in India?

For that few took it as "Sillyman" feels unfortunate to be "Born in India" and made several comments. But actually Sillyman later clarified that he meant (in his own words, which is quite opposite to this assumption):
"UBI is a term like ABCD. It refers to a person who was born in India, but has all foreign accents and knows everything about everywhere without ever setting foot outside the country. Another term for that is RNI = Resident Non Indian. (As opposed to NRI). So when you say PIO, I thought that meant UBI. (Didn't know PIO meant Person of Indian Origin).

Which is why I had said, Is PIO = UBI = Unfortunately Born in India?"

So here an important lesson to learn (even though I didn't make any of those comments in the first place, still one can learn from other's experiences too, can't we?):
It may help a great deal to understand other person's point of view first, and also asking for clarifications if some thing is not clear or not understood before getting into an argument. Any way an argument may not solve any thing and may not be helpful to any one though. Where as a discussion can, as long as it stays that way.

-PCee

Last edited by a moderator: