How about Newark Asylum Office?

adenleeway

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone have some information to share about Newark Office? I filed my application in early June this year but am still waiting for an interview notice.

Also, are the asylum officers harsh in that Office?

Many thanks!!

Does anyone have some information to share about Newark Office? I filed my application in early June this year but am still waiting for an interview notice.

Also, are the asylum officers harsh in that Office?

Many thanks!!

Also interested in this answer. Thanks.

That is a very general question. Each Asylum Officer is different. When I applied for Asylum back in 2004, the Newark Asylum office was actually in Lyndhurst, NJ, right off of Rt 3. I still remember my immigration officer's name. She was INCREDIBLE. She asked the right questions to solidify my claim even more than it already was. All I can reveal about her is that if you see a lot of books about feminism, you will have an incredibly powerful, strong, and confident woman as your IO and she will be fair. A friend of mine who was from a certain country recently vacated by US troops also had his interview from that office. He is gay and the country was in the middle of war, and drafting a new constitution. Confirmed reports (from major news outlets) also were coming out that the country's solders were supergluing shut the anuses of suspected gay men and then giving them drugs which would normally cause diarrhea. This caused their insides to explode, killing them. This AO (some Indian woman) outright DENIED his claim stating that the country would definitely have protections specific to gays and lesbians in the new constitution. Luckily he won his appeal.. Good luck guys.