• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How About DV 2019?

In the name section there is 'ö'. Instead of 'ö' there is 'oe' in the electronically readable section (<<<oe<<<). Which one has to be used? Or can I put a simple 'o' replecing 'ö'?

I recommend using "oe" since that is listed on the readable section of your passport, and the instruction says to list name as shown on passport.

Although I don't think using 'o' will create an issue down the road either. You just have to remember should you be selected, whatever variation you use now is how you'll be officially known in the US.

Thank you for the advice, I will go with OE

Read the instructions about names - I stand corrected but I believe they say that if your name has a special character you would just use the normal Latin equivalent within the special character, implying O for your case. (I know this is a bit different than usual cases as German has an equivalent in normal Latin - but check the rules). As mom said though I don't think either will actually penalize you, and remember what you use would become your official name in the US. (Where oe for some reason tends to be pronounced "ay", something else you may want to bear in mind.)

Its this time of the year again, I hope you guys had a nice summer, Hi again, good luck to everyone participating in this year's DV.

Wow, more than 10 years after the first talks about canceling the diversity lottery, it is still here.
I remember hearing about the first "bill" to cancel the lottery back in 2005 and in the following years, it was Senator Bob Goodlatte who was very active in the fight against the lottery.
But it is still here, we are still trying, hang on and enjoy the ride :)

Wow, more than 10 years after the first talks about canceling the diversity lottery, it is still here.
I remember hearing about the first "bill" to cancel the lottery back in 2005 and in the following years, it was Senator Bob Goodlatte who was very active in the fight against the lottery.
But it is still here, we are still trying, hang on and enjoy the ride :)

I hope you have some luck this time @Claus Larsen

Not long to go now guys ! Very exciting :) Good luck to all my fellow diversity visa contestants !! Has anyone else had problems with the photo tool on the government website ? I have had it taken professionally, but I just want to check mine to be safe. It keeps saying I don't have an application to run it, I'm on my macbook, any ideas on what to do/what app to download ? Thanks all :)

Goodday to you all
Im in need of some help. This is my first entering the dvlottery. So my question is my family have our birthdays in october 8,21,22 and 30 respectively. Im going to enter lottery before our birthdays. How should i go about. Please help

Goodday to you all
Im in need of some help. This is my first entering the dvlottery. So my question is my family have our birthdays in october 8,21,22 and 30 respectively. Im going to enter lottery before our birthdays. How should i go about. Please help

How should you go about what? You fill in the correct date of birth for each family member. If there is a specific age question fill it in correctly as of the date of entry.

Not long to go now guys ! Very exciting :) Good luck to all my fellow diversity visa contestants !! Has anyone else had problems with the photo tool on the government website ? I have had it taken professionally, but I just want to check mine to be safe. It keeps saying I don't have an application to run it, I'm on my macbook, any ideas on what to do/what app to download ? Thanks all :)

Hi @Mandy-Leigh

I think you you need to download the Adobe Flash Player 10, in case you don't have it and remove any pop up blocker as well.

Best of luck on this year DV.

Good luck everyone! I have been a lurker for the longest time here these past few months. Looking at all comments and help from the long-time experts makes me feel that this community is indeed warm. Thanks again to all the volunteering moderators! Entering for my first time into DV2019 now. 2.5 hours to the opening of the dvlottery web portal. Best of luck to all people! Cheers!