Houston Transfer

IMMI_485_BUDDY

Registered Users (C)
on Feb 20th 2003 my case has been transfered from VSC to Local Houston INS office, because I have been here in Houston for almost a Year. The message shows something like this.,
"On February 20, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent
Residence or to Adjust Status to another INS office for them to schedule and conduct
your interview. Scheduling can take several months. That office will notify you
when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case."

Question: Does it mean that TSC will take over the case or it is just another step forward for getting Interview for Approval.. Please guys let me know if any has this type or anything similar case, I appreciate it. Thanks and Good Luck to All GC aspirants.:(

Mine has the same exact wording ...

And I live in New York. So I think they are just following the standard procedure. It has nothing to do with you living in Houston ...

Cheers ..

who knows

gcwait000, There are a couple of threads on people that have been transferred to Newark. I am sure that I read through most of them over the weekend. I haven't been waiting as long as many people here, but I am anxious to get going again and to start paying bills....I've been out of work over a month waiting for my EAD - I was transfered to B'more on 5 Feb. Waiting for intereview to be scheduled.

From what I have gathered, the interview notice is sent two weeks before the interview..... Know that this info probably doesn't help you....

Transfer to Houston

For all those whose cases have been transferred to Houston for a personal interview we need to collectively take a stand.

My I-485 was transferred on Jan-2002 and even today there is no word. When I inquire, I get a standard response that I will have to wait 3 years since that is the time the office takes to act on I-485. I have already gone through fingerprinting twice now..

If you know of anything, please do let me know..

My case got transferred on 05/05/03

My case got transferred fron VSC to local Houston office on 05/05/2003. Called the (800) number and was told that I need to wait 3yrs 2 months from the date I filed my I485 (11/19/2001). I dunno if its true for transferred cases. Did anyone get a letter saying that the case was transferred to the local INS office??

Thanks

I will suggest that you move to a different place and have your file transferred. I have got the same reply from INS Office in Houston.

Also, go and visit the INS office in Houston personally to get an answer.

MY case was transferred for a personal interview in Jan'2002 (yes 2002) and am still waiting for an interview call...

My RD is 03/19/2001

To IMMI_485_BUDDY

Hey,
Did you get any letter from the VSC regarding the transfer?? I heard from from my lawyer that the interview may be scheduled in 2 - 6 months. I dunno how far its true.
I was trnasferred from VSC to Houston Local Office on 05/05/2003. Please let me kknow if you have received any notification from VSC regarding the transfer. I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Hi aistaxt2002

Hello aistaxt2002,
Was your case transferred from TSC to the local Houston office or from a different service center. I dunno if it makes any difference on transfers from TSC to local and different Service center to the local office.

Thanks

Transfer to INS office in Houston

Transferred from NSC.. they approved my I-140 so my I-485 was also filed there.

Hope this helps ...

To IMMI_485_BUDDY

Hey,

I was just wondering if you were schedules for an interview yet. Please let me know. Also whats your RD?

Thanks.

I-485 Transfer to Houston

No I have not yet heard anything from BCIS office in Houaton yet. No appointment letter for the interview yet..

Have you received anything from them ? Any information in this regard will be very helpful.

My RD is 3/19/2001

thanks

Ashish

TO aistaxt2002

I didnt receive anything yet. My attorney received a transfer notice from VSC. Thats 'bout it man. Did you try enquiring at the local Houston office?? When I called VSC they told me that the file was transferred to houston on 05/05/2003. Probably I'll be making a trip to the Houston office soon.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

I too am planning to visit them (BCIS - Houston) soon. My EAD is also expiring so I will need to renew that as well.

Last time I checked with this office was in Nov'2002 and was told that it takes 3 years for this office to process I-485 so I will have to wait that long no matter what.

When you call the National Service line, they too repeat the same words and do not even entertain an inquiry.

I'll be very aggressive in pursuing this and I think you should too.

I think the BCIS just takes us the South Asian community for granted in their approach because we do not have a unified voice. I just feel it is very unfair to be clubbed with all "illegal" I-485 applicants from Latin and other countries, if we assume that the major bottleneck is volume of applications pending at this office. There has to be better way of processing for the people who have done everything by the book (of law).

I have made a couple of visits to Houston office and they say it will take 6 months.

Guys, we need to write a letter to the top authority @Houston and tell him how we have already done our time with our Main Service Centers and that we need a fair deal. How many of you are interested in doing this? Here I am basically asking people who have had case transfers.

What is again surprising is 'Nice-N-Patient had his interview scheduled in 8 months whereas Ashish Tripathi is waiting for a longer time. Also I read Neha123 mentioning that some of his friends getting an interview schedule in 3-4 months( correct me if I am wrong).

Lets join hands solicit the help of Rajiv Khanna and write a letter to Houston. Remember just writing one letter is not going to help we need to be very pursuant till we get a reply.

Any inputs?

I completely agree that we need to collectively take a stand and make a start to bring about th change.

However, I do believe that just writing to the BCIS Houston is a futile exercise because from my own experince at least 5 letters that I have written to them NONE of them has even been to elicit a response saying that we have received your letter.

I think the BCIS office in Houston is one big black hole where what ever goes in never comes out. And not just that, the concerned officials there do not even respond your letters and inquiries. The fact that this office does not even have a telephone number or a fax number where the applicants can send their request or talk to an immigration office only confirms our worst nightmares about this office.

I think this office is beyond hope for the near future. Getting all of us to sign a petition through the Law offices of Rajiv Khanna, is a very good start but let's be realistic and ask how many of such petitions really bring about a change ? What we need is that we approach our lawmakers to make notice of this and pull up this office to it's task. Unless the officers at BCIS - Houston do not wake up and are held accountable nothing will change.

I think we need a lot more stringent approach than just a petition. Perhaps, Mr. Rajiv Khanna would be so kind to show us a direction in this regard.

to aistaxt2002

Hello Ashish,
quick question. I was just wondering where we have to renew the EAD. do we go to the local Houston Office or send it VSC? Since my case was transferred to Houston, am just curious to know where I should be sending the application in case of a EAD renewal

Thanks.

Hi,

Since your I-485 is in Houston, this is where you should file your EAD.

After my I-485 was transferred to Houston, I filed my EAD at NSC (where the AOS was originally filed), but they transferred it to Houston. So I suggest you file directly at Houston office.

However, do check with your attorney on this matter. My suggestion is based on my experience but your attorney may differ from me.

Also, if you visit the BCIS website (www.immigration.gov) you will notice that starting 05/29/2003 (i.e tomorrow), you can file for EAD online. My EAD too is due for renewal and I plan to file for it online. It may be a much quicker option to take.

Thanks Ashish

Thanks Ashish. One more question. Since your case is transferred to Houston, did you appoint any attorney to go with you during the interview? If so please gimme the details. am planning to appoint an attorney from the Houston area, since my attorney is in Virginia and probably costs me a fortune if he has to be here during my interview.

Thanks.

I dont think you need a lawyer for the interview unless your case is badly screwed up. In what way is a lawyer going to help?