Houston Transfer

I-485 Transfer to Houston

Hi again,

No I am not taking my attorney with me to the interview and I personally think that I dont need to at all. My company attorney too is in MI so it is not even an option for me.

My application is pretty simple and had it it not been for the complete negligence, it would have been adjudicated long time ago.

Great Update..

Hi all,

Boy, Do i have an update for all of you !! And the news is that this past thrusday (6/26) I was interviewed and approved and the passport was stamped right there.

The interview though simple, was much more than I expected. About 20-25 minutes long. Was asked the usual questions like name, address, employment etc.

Was asked to submit copies tax returns for previous 3 years, original of employment letter, they checked my baby's birth certificate and copies of bank statements. So basically, you have to prove your employment and marrige if your spouse too is on the application.

My advice to all of you is dont take your interview for granted because even though the questions are simple enough, the intention behind the interview is to check that you are divulging TRUE information, especially after you have been given the oath.
I say this because i feel that the IIO deliberately calls out incorrect information during the interview only to check that you are listening and you will correct them with the TRUE information. It happened for me more than once when the IIO spoke out wrong DOB and Employer name, and when I corrected her, she had a wicked smile as if saying " I almost got you there".

The IIO herself was very very courteous and understanding. she didnt mind our 3 month old screaming and poohing during the interview. I have to admit she presented a very different picture of BCIS. One that is very nice to see and hear so I will give full marks to whoever hired her at BCIS !!

For those who are married and filing as primary/secondary applicant, dont forget to take a notarized I-134 (Affidavit of Support). I had to get it at the last moment and once again the IIO was exceptionally understanding in giving me the time (about 3 hrs) to submit it.

From what I heard from Houston office is that they take about 24 months since RD to process a I-485.

I had some special help from my US Congressman, who had made numerous inquiries on my behalf since last 8 months. His intervention is what got the appropriate attention to my application. Please do not hesitate to contact your government representative if you feek that your application is just biting dust in some stingy corner at BCIS.

I am told that the actual cards take 2-6 months to arrive. And for that I can wait. I can only thank GOD for giving me the strength to carry my fight through to US congressman and BCIS and eventually getting us (me + wife) there.

For those of you who are still in the pipeline, act with the knowledge that your applications deserve the attention because they are "right" in every sense and goes by the laws laid down. If you're convinced that you're on the right side and are still being denied justice, stand up and be counted.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIO

Guys, I'm sorry, my question might be silly. When you guys talking about IIO, I don't know what it is? Mind to eloborate for me? Thanks.

One more....what is AVM? And when you guys use IIO?

Congrats man!!!

I am so happy for you man. After all the hrad time, just enjoy life.

I have read on one of the threads last week a very truthful comment: "we have been waiting for the approval for so long, that we forgot to live our lifes."

I can tell you all, I was doing just that, and determined to change it.

aistaxt2002, you just gave me hope!!!

kitaorang -- IIO stands for Immigration Information Officer. He (she) is the person that answers your inquiry when you visit or call the BCIS. AVM stands for Automated Voice Message. As always I may be wrong, so if someone can correct me I would appreciate it so very much!

Could you please give me some suggestion:
I will move from NSC to TSC aerea, I wondering if my I-485 cases
will be transferred to TSC or local office?
My case is based on approved EB2 (NIW) I-140 by NSC.
Thanks

Hello HH

Most likely (but not sure) your case will be transferred to TSC and not local office. But you should call up the toll free number and talk to BCIS help for an exact answer.

Sorry.. I do not have more information.

HHorse

Dude... My case got transferred to Houston local office after 1 year of changing my address to Houston from Virginia.

later.

Now I have moved from Houston to New Jersey, and i have requested to transfer my I-485 to New Jersey , instead of transfereing to Newark Office which is a substation, they have transfered my case to Cherry Hill, NJ office, and now i cant ask them to transfer my case to Newark. When asked to my lawyer how long will it take, he checked some online website and says 1 year, is this fare on our part. What we I-485 people should do, we are running from pillar to post and no one is caring for us. We should cultivately raise our voice asking the Service centers to take care of the cases as per their service centers priority date instead of local offices. Are you guys are with me then reply this message. Thank you and good luck to all.