Hopefully, the LAST thread for April\'01 CSC I-485 filers

Congrats Rakhi

Great to hear about your approval.

My case is amazingly similar to yours.
I have the same RD(4/18), ND (6/7) and scheduled FP(11/24).
The only difference is I did the actual FP a day earlier than
you(10/26) and another difference is that I am still desperately
waiting for approval.

Hoping Santa Claus gives us all a great Christmas gift.

Congrats again & Merry Christmas

how may days it takes to hear " assigned to officer" from "FP received" in AVM

Hi,

I have heard for my wife that "the FP received on Dec06". My case is not updated still in AVM. Both FP we done on 11/28. ( RD 04/23 and ND 06/18)

How many days it takes now a days to hear "assigned to officer" from the "FP received " status ?

or do we directly hear " approved"

mrafi

Processing time after FP seems to be depending on location...

so same rd/nd/fp dates may still result in difference between Approval dates.

"Assigned to office" is not an AVM message - but IIOs tell you that if you call them - but this has turned out to be very inconsistent - sometimes IIOs will tell you \'assigned\' and will tell you \'not assigned\' few days later, etc.

I agree the Processing may be related to location as well.

Hi,

My RD is in first week of April and ND is also in April, yet I have not been approved, while lots of others with NDs much latter than mine have been. I think that it may also be the location from which only has applied for I-485. Ofcourse, I could just be randomly the unlucky one :-(

I don\'t think processing is by location...

Its just that cases are allotted to adjudication officers based on month of RD. Some officers work faster than others, or your particular case is with an officer who also has cases with older RD\'s. Maybe your officer went on vacation. Maybe your officer has complicated cases that consume more time hence delaying other cases allotted to them. Once a case is assigned to an officer everything depends on the officer and his/her workload. Some officers may be painstakingly diligent and others may be lenient. Some may be more experienced than others. Therefore, there will be variance between approval dates for cases in the same month of RD. But, its reasonable to expect that your cases should be approved sooner than later.

The possible reason you may be seeing other locations getting approved earlier is that they got their FP notices earlier than your location. Now, FP notices are definitely by location. Those cases cleared all agency checks earlier because of earlier FP and hence were adjudication-ready earlier, assigned earlier and approved earlier.
My 2 cents.

Dee Rod -- when does the AVM get updated?

I read somewhere on this notice board that "I-485 approved but the
AVM message never changed". For some the I-485 was approved and
the AVM message changed a couple of days after the approval date.

Do you know what is the procedure in INS and when exactly the AVM
gets updated..

Waiting for I-485 approval , April RD.

RD: 04/12
ND: 05/15
Got AP/EAD
FP: 11/01 (on schedule)
WAC-01-183-xxxxx
AVM says "FP collected on Nov16, pending review"
Anxiously waiting for approval.

This is a great forum and I am monitoring it for last 10 days.

Spoke to IIO

They mentioned case assigned to officer on Dec 10 . I am not sure what that is worth given the experience of someone on this board that a few days later the IIO said that the case was not assigned.

Also, the IIO mentioned that one can no longer go to the local INS office to get a EAD card since that law is changed. Has anyone heard of that ?

RD : 04/25
ND : 06/26
FP : 11/08 (sched 11/29)
Loc: Mtn View, CA

I-485 Approved !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

To our pleasant surprise, we received our I-485 approval notice in mail today. Later on, upon checking the AVM message, the message has indeed been changed to say "approved".

Our saga of 5+ years finally comes to a quick end - the last stage I-485 was really very fast.

Here are the details...
PD 09/1997
Labor 1998
I-140 - 2000 (almost 3 years in I-140)
RD 04/23
ND 06/22
WAC 01-217-xxxxx
FP 11/03
EB3 RIR

This board has been very informative.
Wishing you all the very best of luck.

I S.

What is the count of April 2001 cases approved so far?

Can somebody produce the count here on this thread?
Like 50out of 75 are approved something like that.

PCee has created a fine thread from May 2001 onwards .
Looks like there is no such excel sheet being published for April 2001 thread. Why so ?

Looking forward for some statistics, rather than emotional messages.

I can take over the task to update the report.

If mighty count can give me some instructions on how to do the job.

Approval from isn.org board - April mailer - San Fransisco

ISN Forums
... I-485 forum
...... Approval CSC EB2
Topics listing | Topic Commands | Email this to a friend
 >

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Approval CSC EB2
Posted By: B2750 Registered User

Posted At: 12/13/01 12:09:41 pm

Hi,

This board and also the section on personal experiences has been a tremedous help . My advice and thoughts are based on my specific experienece. If faced with normal sticky situations talk to the lawer. If faced with very difficult situations talk to two or three lawer for opinions. You will be glad you did. Just like doctors you will figure out how they differ in diagnosis .. at least you will have a better shot at saving yourself !.

I am listed as vkb1321 (Ciba I have sent a a mail requesting update .. Tks) is CSC list.

CSC EB2 (San Francisco) - PD 08/00, RD 04/01, ND 06/01, EAD 10/01, FP 11/01 and AP 12/01. As you can see total time for me was about 1 year 3 months. Actual time inside the finger printing office was less than 60 min. and passport stamping office was less than 45 min.

My sincere good wishes to long suffering guys .. that make me feel bad to even get mine.

On ligher vein who said INS is inefficient !!!

Got FP notice

Attorney just got courtesy copy of my FP notice. Scheduled 1/18/02.
Does anyone know if it\'s possible to do FP early in Seattle?
Please update. Location: Seattle, WAC-01-175-, RD: 4/11, ND: 5/4,
EAD & AP: yes.
Thank you all. This community is a good place!

The Best Musical HIt......

I heard the magic musical hit.....\'This case is Approved.....\'
Mighty Count, Please update the list for Bharath_vasi....
Replied to RFE on 11/02, the AVM got updated about the receipt on 12/06. Then on 12/12 the AVM said my case was approved. On 12/14 I got the Courtsey notices for me and my family.
Will be going for PP Stamping this week.
Thanks for all the support this forum provided.
Good Luck and Speedy Approvals to all you great guys out there...
Hangin you\'ll get your\'s too.
More details in KABHI KUSHI KABHI GHAM.....

No Title

bharat_vasi you are no
 more bharat vasi you are america_vasi
 (for thos who do not know...vasi -meanig residing, bharat--another name for India).
CONGRATS!