Hired by a Government agency

aprajitdesai

My current status is OPT. I just have a quick question. I have an oppertunity to work with an Metropolitan Planning Agency (MPO) wich is a government agency. I understand that i have to file for an H1 visa and the organization is ready to do it. However, i wanted to know that does this H1 visa will come under the cap size of 65,000 or not? I am aware that if offered the position in the gov. organizations, nursing or universities, we have to file for H1 but they do not come under the cap size.

aprajitdesai said:
My current status is OPT. I just have a quick question. I have an oppertunity to work with an Metropolitan Planning Agency (MPO) wich is a government agency. I understand that i have to file for an H1 visa and the organization is ready to do it. However, i wanted to know that does this H1 visa will come under the cap size of 65,000 or not? I am aware that if offered the position in the gov. organizations, nursing or universities, we have to file for H1 but they do not come under the cap size.

No Cap

If the firm is a non profit government organization, there is no cap, you can apply H1 at any time. By the by what is your MS speciality, just curious
Good Luck

H1 Cap/limit for University Employment

hi ,
I am a Masters student currently on my OPT (exp. Jan 2005) and working at my University as a technical staff. My department is interested in applying for my H1. Do I fall under the 65,000 H1 visa cap/limit?
Thanks,
Rohan