Hi This very very Important Please read and respond.

RDJAN2003

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Hello,
MY I-485 has been pending since Jan 16th 2002( Yes it's correct don't confuse with my login id).i gave my first FP on April 30th of 2002 and INS received on 6th of MAY 2002. Since then there is no update on my case. i didn't even receive request for second FP i launched three status inquires and receievd two responses from INS. The latest one says INS is waiting hear from another office. My attorney tried through AILA laison the answer is Pending Secuirity checks. Again i tried through Senators office three weeks back they(Congrational Laison ) said that i should be receving request for 2end FP soon.i also faxed a letter to Vermont Service Center requesting Second FP but there is no response.

Given my situation i thought i tried all my options and also i'm wondering i'm only the one in this situation. in case if there is any one out there please respond this( Please ......). Others if you have any ideas how to get my case going please let me know. this delay really taking lot of hit on our lives.
So please let me know.
Thanks a bunch

Why dont you go and try to give your 2nd FP without notice. They will take it and that might trigger your approval

I truly understand what you are suffering. I am May 2002, just got 2nd FP done recently. As I know, there are still a few earlier 2002 filers who haven't got 2nd FP notice.

Sincerely hope you will got yours.

I would suggest U send email/fax to FBI for Name Check status.
They will send response after 4 weeks. This will tell U if they have completed name check or not. If it's not done keep sending Faxes to expedite the name check. This will work

I suggest you make a infopass apointment, and discuss your case with an immigration officer.

I tried going to Buffalo district office for second FP with out notice but no luck they said thay can only take FP with Notices.i have already faxed ,sent an e-mail and left message on FBI voice system but no response yet. is there any thing else i can do please suggest.
Thanks

RDJAN2003 said:
: My attorney tried through AILA laison the answer is Pending Secuirity checks. Again i tried through Senators office three weeks back they(Congrational Laison ) said that i should be receving request for 2end FP soon.i also faxed a letter to Vermont Service Center requesting Second FP but there is no response.

Don't chase after 2nd FP. I don't think it's going to help your case when your first security check is stuck. You should contact FBI. And also apart from your senator, try to contact your congressman too - in your local district.

i have already contacted both cogressman and senator. I left lot of messages, e-mailed and faxed to FBI regarding status but i haven't heard from them yet.

RDJAN2003,
Sorry to hear about your case. I think you should join with Mr.Rajiv who is fighting a case on all our behalf and you should provide your info to him so that incase, he can use it to show to the judge about discrimination in the approval treand.

And also, I have seen sometimes, if you go behind your case with USCIS, they get really mad at you and they will try to neglect the case and give some stupid reasons like security clerance pending and other stuff.

So I strongly recommend you to not to contact them for a while and instead try to send emails to Obdusman's office and try to go to your representative office in person and explain them your case and let them follow up your case and also write a detailed email to FBI Name check division explaining them that your case is pending from very long time because of delay in Name Check clearance and you kindly request them to expediate. Good Luck to you!

I am in a very similar situation (Feb'02 with a pending security check). I've also tried the AILA liaison and congressman's help with no result. I was told repeatedly that there was absolutely nothing I could do to speed it up for as long as it is pending at FBI. They won't release a case if there was an "ident" until they are totally sure.
I've heard of one case that is still pending since Aug'01.
BTW, do you know of any reason your name check wouldn't clear right away? Common name, previous history with sensitive technology, nationality (Chinese, Russian) etc.

RDJAN2003 said:
:confused: Hello,
MY I-485 has been pending since Jan 16th 2002( Yes it's correct don't confuse with my login id).i gave my first FP on April 30th of 2002 and INS received on 6th of MAY 2002. Since then there is no update on my case. i didn't even receive request for second FP i launched three status inquires and receievd two responses from INS. The latest one says INS is waiting hear from another office. My attorney tried through AILA laison the answer is Pending Secuirity checks. Again i tried through Senators office three weeks back they(Congrational Laison ) said that i should be receving request for 2end FP soon.i also faxed a letter to Vermont Service Center requesting Second FP but there is no response.

Given my situation i thought i tried all my options and also i'm wondering i'm only the one in this situation. in case if there is any one out there please respond this( Please ......). Others if you have any ideas how to get my case going please let me know. this delay really taking lot of hit on our lives.
So please let me know.
Thanks a bunch

I understand your situation. Few more options still open. like applying EAD/AP or sending AR-11. Sometimes these will cause to touch your case and getting FP2 notice.
Good luck.

BAADSHAH,
how did you verify whether your background check is complete or not? I tried sending e-mails to FBI and VSC to find out but no luck yet. What are all the checks that are involved in the background checks? as far as i know name check, Fingerprints check what else? any of you guys knew about background checks could you please provide more information.

needhelp1 ,
Thank you for your reply. currently i'm trying therough my senators office let me see whether it works. i will keep you guys posted.

meanwhile if you guys could provide any other information it would be very nice of you.
Thanks

udacha6,
my name may be common name but i'm not chinese or russian either.i don't know whether mine is struck at name check. i just sent e-mail to FBI request name check status. is there any one knows how long it's going to take FBI to respond my inquiry. Please let me know.
Thanks

RDJAN2003 said:
BAADSHAH,
how did you verify whether your background check is complete or not? I tried sending e-mails to FBI and VSC to find out but no luck yet. What are all the checks that are involved in the background checks? as far as i know name check, Fingerprints check what else? any of you guys knew about background checks could you please provide more information.

Send request by FAX. in approx 3 weeks, you will receive reply by FAX.
You will get info based on your request only.
If you request for name check, you get that.
To verify FP results, no need for fax request. you can directly speek to them within 2-3 days of FP.
This office do name check & FP check. rest of the things done by only service center or regional consulate in your country.

They finished my name check on October 4th, 2004, 2 weeks after my congresswoman office sent an written request about it.
It was pending since January, 16th, 2003.
I'm March, 2002. Now, waiting for INS again.

Vitaliy,
How did you know your name check cleared? Your case got approved?
Do you know why your name check was pending?

Vitaliy,
Is there any way to get in touch with you directly?
I think we are in a similar situation (same problem, same country).
I just need some advice.
Regards

I guess your file was struck at 'FBI name check' :mad: . Pl fax to FBI requesting them to send you results. They will respond results with 4 weeks. Based on the results, you can discuss with your lawyer.

HI All,
I sent an E-mail Request on 10/19/2004 to FBI for My Name Check Results. Hope fully i will hear something soon.I came to know that FBI is no longer accepts FAX requests. so i e-mailled them for Name check info.

if FBI name check is clear that is all we need to get our cases going? please let me know.

Thanks