• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

help with DV-2015

It may seem an idiotic question, but: This year, can I use the photo which I had used for last year's lottery? Or I must take a new one?

another question: What's up with 2013 additional entries ?

Tnx.

I'd say don't risk it and take a new photo. For DV-2014 the last I heard was that no additional entries will be chosen since a bigger number was selected in May's draw. Others can shed more light on this.

Hi everyone,I have a question.Wen you fill out the application should have definitely connection to printer? Can I use my laptop,safe somehow the last page(confirmation page) and print it sometime later?
And something else,It s better to use I E 9 or Google Chr?
Thanks in advance,

My advice is to use IE, as there are sometimes issues with Chrome. Before closing my confirmation screen I did a "print screen" of my confirmation and pasted it into a word document and saved it. I then emailed that word doc to myself and my husband. I also printed as I had printer access. If you don't have access, at least copy and save and check you have saved it in word and can read the number clearly before closing your screen. Just my thoughts.

All the best

Q

I have PrimoPDF installed on my PC, it's a free program that shows up as a printer but saves everything as PDF files. Choose to print the confirmation page, then pick the PDF printer.

My advice is to use IE, as there are sometimes issues with Chrome. Before closing my confirmation screen I did a "print screen" of my confirmation and pasted it into a word document and saved it. I then emailed that word doc to myself and my husband. I also printed as I had printer access. If you don't have access, at least copy and save and check you have saved it in word and can read the number clearly before closing your screen. Just my thoughts.

All the best

Q
Dear Qewty,thanks a lot for your clear and quick answer.
All the best to you,
Greetings from sunny Greece:eek:

I have PrimoPDF installed on my PC, it's a free program that shows up as a printer but saves everything as PDF files. Choose to print the confirmation page, then pick the PDF printer.

Nice idea...I did not know that there is such a thing,I really thank you for this information,
Being well,

Another good idea to e-mail yourself the pdf so you'll always have it in your mailbox.

We always did this and after 10 years or so eventually hit the jackpot.

ETA: Qewty already said it :)

Another good idea to e-mail yourself the pdf so you'll always have it in your mailbox.

We always did this and after 10 years or so eventually hit the jackpot.

ETA: Qewty already said it :)
That is definitely good. I went a step further and uploaded all my immigration-related documents into an online storage like Dropbox. I have Dropbox installed on my pc and phone, so whenever I get a new piece of paper I would scan and upload it. I can lose all of my devices and still have a digital copy online.

Google has Google Drive and Microsoft has SkyDrive. I pick DropBox because it works with many iPhone apps.

That is definitely good. I went a step further and uploaded all my immigration-related documents into an online storage like Dropbox. I have Dropbox installed on my pc and phone, so whenever I get a new piece of paper I would scan and upload it. I can lose all of my devices and still have a digital copy online.

Google has Google Drive and Microsoft has SkyDrive. I pick DropBox because it works with many iPhone apps.

Ok,Entry Reseived-Success,copy saved ok and was all over in minutes easily thanks to the advice guys.
Thank you very much...:D

If you don't have any PDF creator software then the simplest way is to press print screen and then paste the clipboard content into paint. Save as bmp, JPEG, tiff, etc.

Then you can do what I did. I have it on my Mac, my work laptop, on my PS3 HDD, on a memory stick, in my private folder on company server and also I emailed it to my wife. And have a one copy printed and stored at home and another one at work.

My mate's house burned to the ground and he lost all his documents so I went for a total safety overkill

hi guys, i hope everyone is doing well

well, i have a question. I went to the photo studio to take a picture designated for green catd lottery. but once i got back home to check the photo specifications. The dimensions and color depth is ok but i noticed the scanner resolution is 72 dpi instead of 300 dpi. does it matter and would it be accepted or not?

i put the picture in the photo validator to see if it complies with all requirements and it says it is valid but i am not sure if this is enough

thanks

Tnx rafi-cairo and franko.

My friend lives in Netherlands right now. But he doesn't know whether next year he'll live there or he'll come back to his country (Iran).
Now the question is: Which one of these two addresses (Netherlands or Iran) should be entered in "Mailing Address"?

Tnx rafi-cairo and franko.

My friend lives in Netherlands right now. But he doesn't know whether next year he'll live there or he'll come back to his country (Iran).
Now the question is: Which one of these two addresses (Netherlands or Iran) should be entered in "Mailing Address"?

I would enter his current mailing address (Netherlands)...

Hi raevsky,
I am a 2014 dv lottery winner. My case number is high (EU50XXX). My forms are already in KCC. Can i apply for the dv 2015 lottery program?

Hi raevsky,
I am a 2014 dv lottery winner. My case number is high (EU50XXX). My forms are already in KCC. Can i apply for the dv 2015 lottery program?

Of course you can. Regarding the rumors and assumptions that probably selectees from the mid 40's latest wil run in danger not to get an interview it might be a pretty good idea as well. So if you will be invited to an interview it doesn't disturb when you additionally attend for DV2015 because of a possible very late or never happening invitation.

On the other hand I dont like to push the rumors, so please do not worry too much about that risk described above... That may happen, maybe not, nobody knows... Good luck to you.

Best regards
Mike

Of course you can. Regarding the rumors and assumptions that probably selectees from the mid 40's latest wil run in danger not to get an interview it might be a pretty good idea as well. So if you will be invited to an interview it doesn't disturb when you additionally attend for DV2015 because of a possible very late or never happening invitation.

On the other hand I dont like to push the rumors, so please do not worry too much about that risk described above... That may happen, maybe not, nobody knows... Good luck to you.

Best regards
Mike

Thank you!