HELP with CSPA in F4 category

Hi need help as well. Im from the philippines and my siblings and i have become the derivative benefeciaries of my mom since she was the principal applicant under F3 Category. Her priority date was October 19,1995 and it became current just last year i think,roughly around april 2019. To our surprise we found our names on the ceac list eventhough we already aged out. They accepted the fees so we were hoping that we could pass the CSPA process. Unfortunately after we finished uploading the documents for the financial sponsors,our names suddenly disappeared and we tried several times to contact nvc via email and to no avail we dont know exactly what happened but we are suspecting that its about the ageing out. Tho i have read about a filipina who was granted cspa using her 1983 priority date and she was 32 yrs old at that time. Im keeping my hopes high that hopefully our case can be considered as well. Please share us some of your insights related to my case. Thank you in advance.

Hi need help as well. Im from the philippines and my siblings and i have become the derivative benefeciaries of my mom since she was the principal applicant under F3 Category. Her priority date was October 19,1995 and it became current just last year i think,roughly around april 2019. To our surprise we found our names on the ceac list eventhough we already aged out. They accepted the fees so we were hoping that we could pass the CSPA process. Unfortunately after we finished uploading the documents for the financial sponsors,our names suddenly disappeared and we tried several times to contact nvc via email and to no avail we dont know exactly what happened but we are suspecting that its about the ageing out. Tho i have read about a filipina who was granted cspa using her 1983 priority date and she was 32 yrs old at that time. Im keeping my hopes high that hopefully our case can be considered as well. Please share us some of your insights related to my case. Thank you in advance.

What was the approval date of the petition?

Hello

Ive already aged out according to CSPA.

But once my parents get green card can they apply under i 130 visa , immediate relative category??

If yes what could be the approximate processing time?

im over 21 and unmarried

Hello

Ive already aged out according to CSPA.

But once my parents get green card can they apply under i 130 visa , immediate relative category??

If yes what could be the approximate processing time?

im over 21 and unmarried

immediate relative category is only for family of US citizens, and then only for spouse/under 21 child/parent. So you don’t qualify for IR. You will be category F2B, approximately 5-7 years wait for priority date to get current plus usually a few more months till interview, depending how priority dates move and what embassy you will interview at. You must remain unmarried until you actually enter the US or the petition/visa will be invalidated.

Hi OP here, Just wanted to update you guys. We got the interview letter from US consulate with all 4 family members name on it. So we went and when called for the interview they told me and my sis to wait in the waiting area while they interview my parents they said they will let us know about the decision after the interview. Little while later they called us and told us what we already knew. My parent got the visa but me and my sister didn't.

I do have one more question. Since my parents got the visa they made travel arrangements but due to unfortunate events (Covid-19 outbreak) their flight was cancelled and we cant make reservations on another flight as everything is on lockdown. My parents still have 3 months in which they need to travel to us in order to get the green card. What will happen if they are not able to travel in that time due to lock down? I tried contacting the consulate but so far unsuccessful in doing so. Please someone guid will get get extension as it doesn't seem likely to travel just yet?

I do have one more question. Since my parents got the visa they made travel arrangements but due to unfortunate events (Covid-19 outbreak) their flight was cancelled and we cant make reservations on another flight as everything is on lockdown. My parents still have 3 months in which they need to travel to us in order to get the green card. What will happen if they are not able to travel in that time due to lock down? I tried contacting the consulate but so far unsuccessful in doing so. Please someone guid will get get extension as it doesn't seem likely to travel just yet?

if they can’t travel due to the pandemic they can get a new visa issued after the current one expires, but they will have to do the medical and pay the visa fees again unfortunately. There is no extension as such available.
However I would be hopeful, it sounds like many airlines have plans to be flying again within 3 months.

Thanks Susie for the prompt reply. Can you please guide me a bit more about that new visa process?
Do we have to go for interview again or just the medical?
Also how do we apply for it?
And how long is the processing time?

Thanks Susie for the prompt reply. Can you please guide me a bit more about that new visa process?
Do we have to go for interview again or just the medical?
Also how do we apply for it?
And how long is the processing time?

you would have to wait for the embassy to respond for specifics like processing time, I am going by what other people have posted from their embassies and the manual but my understanding is they don’t have to interview again but they do have to pay the visa fee again, as well as get a new medical.

you would have to wait for the embassy to respond for specifics like processing time, I am going by what other people have posted from their embassies and the manual but my understanding is they don’t have to interview again but they do have to pay the visa fee again, as well as get a new medical.
Thank you so much for all the help. :)

Hi, I would like assistance as well.
Date of birth: 08/15/1995
Priority date: 01/17/2006
Approval date: 12/10/2009
PD became current: 05/01/2019
Paid fees and started ds260 form on August 24, 2019.

I used the calculator and it says my cspa age is 19 and some months at the time the priority date became current. But what I'm not sure of is if that age froze on the date i paid fees and started the process or if it's still running until the time I am granted the visa.

Hi, I would like assistance as well.
Date of birth: 08/15/1995
Priority date: 01/17/2006
Approval date: 12/10/2009
PD became current: 05/01/2019
Paid fees and started ds260 form on August 24, 2019.

I used the calculator and it says my cspa age is 19 and some months at the time the priority date became current. But what I'm not sure of is if that age froze on the date i paid fees and started the process or if it's still running until the time I am granted the visa.
Is this F4? What country?
Your age is locked as at the date a visa becomes available, as long as you seek to acquire (example by filling in ds260) within one year of that date.

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm a Pakistani national
My wife's elder brother is US national, he filed visa petition for my wife, me and my daughter in may,30,2007 which got accepted in 2007.
In this petition my wife is the principle applicant and me and my daughter are accompanying her.
After the acceptance we heard nothing since 14 years. my case detail are as follows

I-130 Form submission date : May 30,2007
I-130 Form Received date: June 27,2007
I-797C notice letter Date: July 5,2007 (1st Notice)
I-797C
Case Transfer notice letter Date: November 23,2009 (2nd Notice) case transfer from Vermont To Taxas Service center
I-797C Priority Date: 2June 27,2007
Approval Date: March 26,2010

Request:

Can you advise me the reason for this delay ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Anwer

Hi,
I'm a Pakistani national
My wife's elder brother is US national, he filed visa petition for my wife, me and my daughter in may,30,2007 which got accepted in 2007.
In this petition my wife is the principle applicant and me and my daughter are accompanying her.
After the acceptance we heard nothing since 14 years. my case detail are as follows

I-130 Form submission date : May 30,2007
I-130 Form Received date: June 27,2007
I-797C notice letter Date: July 5,2007 (1st Notice)
I-797C
Case Transfer notice letter Date: November 23,2009 (2nd Notice) case transfer from Vermont To Taxas Service center
I-797C Priority Date: 2June 27,2007
Approval Date: March 26,2010

Request:

Can you advise me the reason for this delay ?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Anwer
Honestly I’m not that knowledgeable about the process but you should be able to start your application according to the visa bulletin(January 2022) since the current date is October 2007 so maybe your mailing address changed but it’s probably best to contact the NVC or the US embassy(not sure at all) but seems like your wait is gonna be over. Good luck!