help! what is going to happen with my 130/485 applications?

allaboutgc

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Can someone please shed on some lights on my question? I am a USC and I filed I130+485+131+765 for my parents to the Chicago lockbox (per the instruction). I have received the receipts for all the applications and the receipt numbers all start with MSC. I assume it is the National Benefit Center. I always thought the National Benefit Center only PREPARES cases for field office interview and they do not adjudicate cases like i-130. Why was my 130 application accepted by National Benefit Center? It looks a little fishy to me. Also, I went to check the USCIS processing time for the National Benefit Center, and there is no processing time listed there for I-130. I am getting a little nervous now as I am trying to understand what happened/will happen to my applications.

Can someone please explain:

1) Why all the applications (130, 485, 131, 765) were all accepted by the NBC ?
(they were not forwarded to NBC, the original receipts came from NBC)

2) What is going to happen next? Will 130 and 485 be transferred to other places?

3) What is the processing time for I-130 at NBC? (Do they process I-130 at all?)

4) Anyone has similar experiences? Is this normal or not?

Thank you all very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Can someone please shed on some lights on my question? I am a USC and I filed I130+485+131+765 for my parents to the Chicago lockbox (per the instruction). I have received the receipts for all the applications and the receipt numbers all start with MSC. I assume it is the National Benefit Center. I always thought the National Benefit Center only PREPARES cases for field office interview and they do not adjudicate cases like i-130. Why was my 130 application accepted by National Benefit Center? It looks a little fishy to me. Also, I went to check the USCIS processing time for the National Benefit Center, and there is no processing time listed there for I-130. I am getting a little nervous now as I am trying to understand what happened/will happen to my applications.

Can someone please explain:

1) Why all the applications (130, 485, 131, 765) were all accepted by the NBC ?
(they were not forwarded to NBC, the original receipts came from NBC)

2) What is going to happen next? Will 130 and 485 be transferred to other places?

3) What is the processing time for I-130 at NBC? (Do they process I-130 at all?)

4) Anyone has similar experiences? Is this normal or not?

Thank you all very much!

NBC was initially called the Missouri Service Center (MSC) and that was the initial computer code. It is is no big deal about the code used.

NBC handles most (almost all) FAMILY-BASED visa petitions. Again, no big deal. IF no significant issues are identified, the cases should go through without an interview.

This is VERY normal.

For my mom's application (mailed from Northern CA) all receipt notices were numbered MSCx. She got her green card without any problems.