Help - Travel on AP and German transit visa

inline4gc

Registered Users (C)
I am travelling unexpectedly to India on AP in 10 days due to an urgent family situation. My AP is valid and has multiple entries notation in it. I am no longer on H1B status and my H1 visa stamp in the passport has expired; I-485 is in process.

I am connecting through Frankfurt. On the German consulate website, it is mentioned that if the traveller holds a valid visa for the USA, an appropriate authority will issue a visa on arrival and no action is needed prior to departure. There is no specific mention of AP in the exemption for transit visa.

Question: is an AP considered a "visa"? Do I need to get a visitor visa before departing? Also, does anyone have any recent transit experience through Germany on AP but no valid US visa?

I would really appreciate any information on this issue.
Thanks.

inline4gc said:
I am travelling unexpectedly to India on AP in 10 days due to an urgent family situation. My AP is valid and has multiple entries notation in it. I am no longer on H1B status and my H1 visa stamp in the passport has expired; I-485 is in process.

I am connecting through Frankfurt. On the German consulate website, it is mentioned that if the traveller holds a valid visa for the USA, an appropriate authority will issue a visa on arrival and no action is needed prior to departure. There is no specific mention of AP in the exemption for transit visa.

Question: is an AP considered a "visa"?
---no
Do I need to get a visitor visa before departing?

--yes
Also, does anyone have any recent transit experience through Germany on AP but no valid US visa?

I would really appreciate any information on this issue.
Thanks.