Help, TN, TD and H1B or residence ?

msilvab

Hi all:

I have several questions about VISAS

First, it is my current status:
I am Mexican and I have a TN Visa as Computer Systems Analyst, my wife has a TD Visa, and currently I am working for the Supreme Court of the State of New Mexico. My daughter was born here in the States 7 months ago, so technically she's US Citizen and this May we are going to renew the Visas for a period of three years as well (myself and my wife). Ok, hope everything is clear what I said though.

The Supreme Court is willing to help me with the H1B Visa or with the legal residence petition, but there a couple of questions about this fact.

Might be better to follow the path of the residence trough the H1B process or the direct petition for the residence? And how do I start both process? And which way is the shortest time?

Another question, may wife did apply for a position as sub manager of a Hotel, and she has a business administration bachelor degree, since she did apply she said about her immigration status, that she has a TD Visa and she needs sponsorship to get another sort of visa that will allow her to work, after all the process she got the position, and I've read in the US Consulate web page that she can apply for a TN Visa as Hotel Manager, but she needs Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree in hotel/restaurant management; or PostSecondary Diploma or PostSecondary Certificate in hotel/restaurant management, and three years experience in hotel/restaurant management, my question is with her businesses administration degree can she apply for the TN ? She has experience as manager, she was manager of a import/export store with several branches and she was teacher of English as Second Language for about nine years. I know that TD does not allow her to work and in fact that is the reason why she did inform the employer about the immigration status, that's why I am asking whether she can apply for a TN Visa, or which might be the best solution for my wife.

Ah, almost forget, another question is, in May when we renew the TN and TD Visas, my father in-law has a special medical condition and he needs to have special treatment for about a year, which includes not to be alone all the time, my mother in-law works all day long so she can not take care of him, so we were thinking in May that he can apply for a TD Visa with my wife and I will support him, is it possible? We think here in the States he can have better medical attention and treatment.

Hope you can help me.

mario

It is unlikely that she qualifies for a TN for the job she has been offered. neither her degree nor her experience meet the quilifications.