Help!!! sent n-400 without photos

popsicle

Registered Users (C)
Hello. i'm stressed...my mother sent in her n-400 today but forgot to send the pictures and copies of G.C!!:eek::eek:
what should she do?! thanks for your speedy response.
i don't know if to send and reference the already submitted form?
Cancel the personal check and resubmit n-400 with everything included?
thanks a bunch

Well, that used to be the case, that they would send a RFE. However, and I don't have any indication that this would apply to this case, there is a worrisome trend of USCIS outright denying the cases instead of sending RFE in order to clear backlog quicker. I would doubt that they would do that for lack of GC copy and pictures. I don't think USCIS would be very happy if you cancel the checks. I would say, leave it at this, and wait for RFE or go to the interview with the GC photocopy and photos.

Read this Response from USCIS:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/AILA_28oct08.pdf

"Response: USCIS remains committed to providing customer-oriented service and judiciously exercising its authority to outright
deny applications or petitions. Certain instructions in the cited 2005 Yates memorandum are not pertinent given recent regulatory
changes. For reasons outlined in great detail in the new RFE rule, USCIS expects the public to provide complete information in each
Form and to include all required documentation with each filing.
Incomplete cases take more time to resolve and take time away
from processing cases in the queue that have been properly documented. So while USCIS makes every effort to avoid needless
denials, USCIS may exercise the authority to deny an incomplete or poorly presented case. What constitutes initial evidence for a
particular application or petition is generally set forth either in the applicable forms instructions and/or regulations pertaining to the
particular classification or benefit sought. As referenced in Mr. Neufeld’s June 1, 2007 memorandum, “The instruction sheet for an
application or petition includes requirements for proper filing of each type of application or petition. Every application or petition,
regardless of the benefit sought, must include complete information in all required blocks, be signed, and – unless the fee is waived
– include the correct fee.” Upon review of the record, if the USCIS adjudicator determines that the applicant or petitioner has not
met his or her burden to establish eligibility for the benefit, the case may be denied."

thanks for all your help. I'm also learning they sent it to the local service center in hartford instead of the Vermont service center...:mad: ...i'm really frustrated, i printed out the directions and yet they didn't read the whole thing. what happens if they sent it to the local office instead of VSC? sorry for all the questions. i'm just concerned and trying to find answers as i find out of all these mistakes.

This is a new one for me. I think if you are lucky the whole thing gets rejected and you just need to send another application to the right place without losing money, but losing a few days or weeks until you find out. Local offices usually have a grace period to forward things to service centers, but I am sure that grace period expired many years ago for N-400. What I don't know is what the procedure will be a the local office to reject the application. Please let us know when you find out.

I doubt they would reject her application just for not including pictures.
She'll have a chance to bring pictures at interview since that is when you sign them.

She'll have a chance to bring pictures at interview since that is when you sign them.

Well, it seems like the applicant is missing the pcitures AND a photocopy of the GC.

This is what I did exactly.

I got a letter from BCISCS asking me to get teh photos and copy of greencard when I come for interview.

Yesterday I took my photos. The interviewer made a sarcastic remark didnt u read the instruction while filling the form. For some reason I was uanble to find info reg photos on the N 400 application form
So chill out dude. nothing to worry

Well, it seems like the applicant is missing the pcitures AND a photocopy of the GC.

Both items are asked for at the interview as well so whether they are required for preliminary processing may depend on the person processing the case at the service center.

just to update: The local hartford branch recieved the forms and sent them back with proper information on where to send and what needs to be included.

Did they cash your check already and reject the application or just send you a notice of what was missing and where to send it?

This is what I did exactly.

I got a letter from BCISCS asking me to get teh photos and copy of greencard when I come for interview.

Yesterday I took my photos. The interviewer made a sarcastic remark didnt u read the instruction while filling the form. For some reason I was uanble to find info reg photos on the N 400 application form
So chill out dude. nothing to worry

I know this thread is old but i could not find anything in the N-400 instructions either that reference Passport photos or photocopy of GC. Is there another set of instructions somewhere else that you guys are reading from?