Help , Regarding FP and Status UPDATE

swarna_bist

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

Can You please Hep me regarding this message...

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 18, 2003, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

Than You
Swarna

Wait for a week, If the message does not change, you might have to redo fingerprinting
You can also find out whether FBI sent the finger prints to USCIS or not by calling (304) 625 5590

Swarna,

The message means exactly that - your fingerprints have been collected from the FBI and are pending review. I have the exact same message and date as yours - Aug 18, 2003. I did my FP on June 19, 2003.
Even though this message doesn't give you a whole lot, I know of people whose message never changed even after their FP, and I'd prefer seeing this message than not.
Take care and keep us updated on any developments. Let us know your RD, ND, FP etc...

FBI response

Hello!

I get the same message as below...

On October 22, 2003, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

My fingerprinting was done on September 18, 2003.

I called up the FBI number (304) 625 5590 ( press '3' option to talk to representative ). A lady asked me my Alien number and upon confirmation told me that my fingerprints were received on the 18 September 2003 and sent back to INS within 5 minutes. (??? - what does this infer ? i dont know ! ).
I asked her if my fingerprints was approved - she declined to answer the question as it is not permitted to be divulged - she asked me to call up INS .USCIS to get status on FP.

Anyway I thought I should share this experience.

c ya!

PD: Feb 2000
485 ND / RD: May 2002
FP: 18 Sept 2003
NO RFEs
2 EADs
Changed job but did not inform INS.

pending review

My story is the same as tibz.

I also called FBI and they told me the same that FP information has been sent to USCIS. She wouldn't say if it is approved or not.

I got a second FP notice 2 months later and I did FP a second time, but no change in on-line message.

Called USCIS, and it turned out to be useless! They repeated the same thing that it is pending review.

I have seen in another post where the person has actually stamped the passport with the GC approval, but the online message still says "Pending review".

I know many of our last names are long. My last name is VERY LONG (16 characters). So, I wonder if a NAME CHECK is keeping the case as "Pending Review". What about your cases?

RD, ND : 04/2002
1st FP : 05/03
2nd FP : 07/03

pending for Rieview

Hi all,
Thank You for quick responce.. Thank You

Hi Jim,

Just Now I was called FBI and they told me the same that FP information has been sent to USCIS. She wouldn't say if it is approved or not.

Called USCIS, They repeated the same thing that it is pending review.

FP done on July 10th , Then sent those back to INS on July11th ...FBI says figerPrints are readable (Conformed from INS)
... I am unable to know what i have to do ... please help me...What i have to now...

Thank You
Swarana

i-485 : Feb 11th 2003 SRC030925****
i-140: Feb 11th 2003 SRC030925****
FP on July10th

My FP message is exactly the message

I raised this issues many times in this board and there were lot of people who had a similar kind of message and was told to ignore. Hence I did not do anything from my side.

Thanks