Help Regarding EAD Renewal

JSP

Registered Users (C)
I had posted this Question under EAD section but in vein, I did not get reply, so please bear with me to post this question in this thread.

For EAD Renewal,

1. Should we sent the Original of the EAD Mailer(that we get along with EAD) or copy is fine?

2. I heard from friends that the Checks should be in favour of "USCIS". Could someone confirm for me?

Thanks

1. Copy will be fine..

2. Payabale to "Immigration and Naturalization Service".

You will get all this information under part 3 and 4 in attached pdf..

I had send the original mailer when I had send in the EAD renewal. Also the 765 PDF is not updated by "USCIS" as it shows the old fee, so safe bet is to address the check to USCIS in the amount of $175. File paper based, it's faster than e-filing. Hope it helps!

Question on EAD renewal

Marias ,

I am also going by the PDF file that I downloaded from USCIS web site .This pdf is effective from December 1st , 2004.

Here are some of my questions

(1) It looks like photo requirements are not different from last year . I remember reading some time back in these forums where people mentioned about new requirements for photos (may be i am wrong ) . Can you confirm that I go to Sears and get immigration pictures and thats it.

(2) on the first page of the I-765 document (effective from Dec 1st 2004)
second bulleted item confuses me
• (c)(9)—Aliens filing a family-based application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) who are presently
required to file with the USCIS local office having jurisdiction over their place of residence;

Although my wife is C-9 ( employment based residing in OH ) , I think the above rule is not applicable to her . Please confirm that we have to send her application VSC where here 485 was applied .

(3) On the main application , I should check "Renewal of my permission to accept employment (attach previous employment authorization document)." Please confirm

(4) On the main application for item 16 , She should enter ( C ) (9) ( ) .
Please currect me , if I am wrong . My wife is derivative beneficiary . I am primary candidate . Ours is Employment based .

Thanks in advance for your help ,

Sunny

mysunny007 said:
Marias ,

I am also going by the PDF file that I downloaded from USCIS web site .This pdf is effective from December 1st , 2004.

Here are some of my questions

(1) It looks like photo requirements are not different from last year . I remember reading some time back in these forums where people mentioned about new requirements for photos (may be i am wrong ) . Can you confirm that I go to Sears and get immigration pictures and thats it.
--- We sent the latest style Passport photos
(2) on the first page of the I-765 document (effective from Dec 1st 2004)
second bulleted item confuses me
• (c)(9)—Aliens filing a family-based application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) who are presently
required to file with the USCIS local office having jurisdiction over their place of residence;
-- Since we are C-9 employement based, we sent the application to VSC, where our 485 is pending.

Although my wife is C-9 ( employment based residing in OH ) , I think the above rule is not applicable to her . Please confirm that we have to send her application VSC where here 485 was applied .
-- for my wife also I put C-9, since she dependent to emplyement based 485.
(3) On the main application , I should check "Renewal of my permission to accept employment (attach previous employment authorization document)." Please confirm
--Yes
(4) On the main application for item 16 , She should enter ( C ) (9) ( ) .
Please currect me , if I am wrong . My wife is derivative beneficiary . I am primary candidate . Ours is Employment based .
-- both (C)(9)
Thanks in advance for your help ,

Sunny

We sent our applicatins on 12/27/2004, RD 12/28/2004,
Monery Oders were cased on 1/6/2005,
received receipt on 1/7/2005 with ND 1/3/2005.

Hope that helps.
CA98

ca98

It appears that we applied for EAD at the same time...ND is January 3rd. So let us keep track when the approval comes through. Currently they are at processing date November 1st, 2004.

Help on form I-131

Has anyone faced this situation.
The latest downloaded form I-131 is not editable.
(But I could edit form I-765). Does anyone know what might be the problem or can u point to a editable form I-131.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
JSP said:
Has anyone faced this situation.
The latest downloaded form I-131 is not editable.
(But I could edit form I-765). Does anyone know what might be the problem or can u point to a editable form I-131.

Thanks
Sathish

I think they made the new form non-editable. My attorney rep. was hand writing on it.

Yes, they did make it non-editable, but if you have Acrobat Writer you can make it editable. I did it myself, attached is the editable form. This will save you guys some effort ! :) I have deleted the instruction pages, to decrease the file size.

Thanks

Serta2002,

Thanks for your time and help in providing us the writable I-131 form.

shanmanz said:
JOYD

Why do you think E-file is slower

Not sure why, this conclusion is based on the actual cases, see EAD forum for more details regarding this. Another problem with e-file is you still have to make a visit to the service center for photo and fingerprinting. If you file by paper, you don't have to visit the service center.

Thanks for the I-131 form, this come handy since i will file AP by Friday. Do you have the i-765 form as well? Thanks

Question on I-765 form

Marias and other knowledgables ,

I am trying to edit I-765 that I downloaded from USCIS website .I could not add the dates of my earlier EAD applications in the Column 11 (under dates )

can i just mark it with pen , while using adobe writer for all other fields ?

What dates we are supposed to put in the Column 11 of I-765 (under dates ) ? Is it RD or ND ?

Thanks
Sunny

Use E-filing...

mysunny007 said:
Marias and other knowledgables ,

I am trying to edit I-765 that I downloaded from USCIS website .I could not add the dates of my earlier EAD applications in the Column 11 (under dates )

can i just mark it with pen , while using adobe writer for all other fields ?

What dates we are supposed to put in the Column 11 of I-765 (under dates ) ? Is it RD or ND ?

Thanks
Sunny

Is there any reason to not apply EAD/AP online? It is freakin' fast, unless you do not want to do it and want to paper-file...

But, I could add my case to my portfolio the same day and did send all the required Supporting documents the next day. You have to schedule a FP and digital photograph at the ASC though, which I fortunately got done the next day of filing.