Help Regarding EAD Renewal

why e-filing?

There is no need to do e-filing anymore. A paper filed EAD with ND of Jan 3rd 2005 got approved on Jan14th. No need to go for finger print visit to local USCIS office :D
so e-filing doesn't make sense now...it was when USCIS used to take close to 3 months to approve ......

Based on my observation and also personal experience, paper filing is much better(faster results) than e-filing.
I think that all checks should be made payable to "USCIS". Did it change ?

wow!! rajudm.

I sent in my EAD renewal paperwork on Dec21st to Chicago and got a receipt with Dec 24th (MSCxxx), but here they asked me to get the fingerprints(Biometrics) done.
And I got an appointment for Jan 29th. So.. no approval till 29th definitely! but after that.. how long!?
Is this normal? or am I special!? :p

rajudm said:
There is no need to do e-filing anymore. A paper filed EAD with ND of Jan 3rd 2005 got approved on Jan14th. No need to go for finger print visit to local USCIS office :D
so e-filing doesn't make sense now...it was when USCIS used to take close to 3 months to approve ......

card has been ordered - so biometrics required I guess!

In our case no biometrics is required because if needed they could use the finger print results which they already have from I485 processing FP results.

It appears USCIS officers don't have work with retrogression in effect, and waiting for security clearance for most of the pending cases. We might see EADs and AP approved within few weeks of RD.

Our (my self & spouse) 2nd EAD's are approved;
RD 12/28/2004
Spouse:
EAD2 ND : 1/3/2005
EAD2 AD: 1/14/2005
EAD2 received: 1/21/2005

Self:
EAD2 ND:1/3/2005
EAD2 AD: 1/21/2005
Not yet received the EAD2.
filed paper EAD.

ca98

EAD2 Approved

My EAD2 ND: 01/19/2005 AD: 01/28/2005.

Based on my experience and notes from senior members like 'dsatish'....etc, I feel paper filing is much faster.
Also, please don't forget to include the EAD mailer that we received along with the first EAD.

JSP --check your dates and let us know.

Did you loose any months. In our case 6 months were lost.....Please let me know. If you have lost then some followup is necessary to rectify it.

JSP said:
My EAD2 ND: 01/19/2005 AD: 01/28/2005.

Based on my experience and notes from senior members like 'dsatish'....etc, I feel paper filing is much faster.
Also, please don't forget to include the EAD mailer that we received along with the first EAD.

JSP,
Can you let me know how you got your EAD in 10 days after filing. Did you file in Vermont or Chicago?

Thanks

rajudm,

I will let u know, whether I lost any months in EAD.

Want GC Soon,

I applied in VSC.