Help!!! Questions regarding an letter from CIS

G L

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I got an letter from USCIS (actually 2, one for me and one for wife), which asks us for some documents. I don't know anything about this so that I am hoping fellows here could help me out. Thanks a lot.

1. "The long form state-recorded birth certificate of <all your children>", we don't have kids, why do we have to provide this information?

2. In my letter, "Submit proof of financial solvency such as a current employment letter reflecting wages, income tax forms, w-2s, current bank statement, bring originals and copies for file". Is this so-called RFE for pay???

3. On the bottom of the letter, there is a selection for "see attached", where there is a hand-written "Submit copies of most current pay stubs/statements". Can someone tell me what's this for? RFE for pay?

4. Here is the most important one: I will be out of country at the appointment time, how can I reschedule for another appointment? or I could just send in my document which could be fine?

5. My EB3 Priority Date is not current yet, I am wondering why they would send me letters for this?

Thanks for all the answers!

1. "The long form state-recorded birth certificate of <all your children>", we don't have kids, why do we have to provide this information?

Just attach a letter saying you do not have kids

2. In my letter, "Submit proof of financial solvency such as a current employment letter reflecting wages, income tax forms, w-2s, current bank statement, bring originals and copies for file". Is this so-called RFE for pay???

This is required for overcoming public charge

3. On the bottom of the letter, there is a selection for "see attached", where there is a hand-written "Submit copies of most current pay stubs/statements". Can someone tell me what's this for? RFE for pay?

This is most likely for them to check whether you have maintained your status

4. Here is the most important one: I will be out of country at the appointment time, how can I reschedule for another appointment? or I could just send in my document which could be fine?

Reschedule your trip not your appointment if possible. You could wait for a year to get another appointment

5. My EB3 Priority Date is not current yet, I am wondering why they would send me letters for this?

Is the letter asking you to go for interveiew with above documents?

Thank you very much for replying!!! Really appreciate it.

Just attach a letter saying you do not have kids

This is required for overcoming public charge

What's "overcoming public charge"? what exactly this is for? Can you point me to something more detail?

This is most likely for them to check whether you have maintained your status

I see. So this is not an RFE?

Reschedule your trip not your appointment if possible. You could wait for a year to get another appointment

I scheduled this trip back home country for a few months already and I am leaving in 2 weeks while this appointment is right in the middle of my trip. I haven't been back for 5 years and this is really painful if I have to reschedule it. I will consult with my lawyer about this.

Is the letter asking you to go for interveiew with above documents?

Yes, the letter is asking us for interview. I don't know why.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is regular interview letter. Lot of people go though the interview process. I would not try to postpone the interview. Some time you will not get the dates again for a year or so.

I thought my priority date is not current so that they won't process it until it becomes current. Am I wrong?

This really interupts my plan. :-( I will see if I can change my flight a little bit.

Thanks for your reply!
tammy2 said:
That is regular interview letter. Lot of people go though the interview process. I would not try to postpone the interview. Some time you will not get the dates again for a year or so.

G L said:
I thought my priority date is not current so that they won't process it until it becomes current. Am I wrong?
------- what is your PD? ( the date LC was filed) did you have any I-140 approved in the past through diffrent employer?
This really interupts my plan. :-( I will see if I can change my flight a little bit.

Thanks for your reply!
--------------- attend the Interview even if priority date is not current they will compleate the process on pending file ( It seems your PD current)
* when was the LC filed?
**EB3 or EB2?
***your country of birth, your spouse country of birth?

Thank you ginnu!

I am EB3 from China (Mainland). My PD is Dec. 2003 (unless the company actually used some other LC on my case which I don't know, but my LC was started Dec. 2003 and approved in 2004) and it is not current. I filed 140/485 on 11/30/04 and got my 140 approved on 2/15, also got AP/EAD approved. Did my FP in March. Is it weird to get interview scheduled? I am a little bit confused.

ginnu said:
--------------- attend the Interview even if priority date is not current they will compleate the process on pending file ( It seems your PD current)
* when was the LC filed?
**EB3 or EB2?
***your country of birth, your spouse country of birth?