Help Pls-485 filing with F1 for wife

hari_kb

Registered Users (C)
my wife converted from H4 to F1 while my labor was pending. She is almost done with school and she is in the final semester finishing up and working as an intern. If my PD becomes current and I apply for 485, will she have to quit her job as an intern as it is thru the F1 status or can she finish the internship coarse for the semester as the internship was approved before she is been included in the 485 application. I know the F1 status will be gone the moment she applies for 485. Also will she have any problems in her GC application as she is applying for 485 while in F1? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated gurus. thanks

my PD becomes current and I apply for 485, will she have to quit her job as an intern as it is thru the F1 status or can she finish the internship coarse for the semester as the internship was approved before she is been included in the 485 application.

She's not "included" in the I-485 application; she's filing her own. And yes, she can finish out her internship. Her F-1 status won't automatically be terminated, but she will be unable to use the F-1 to re-enter.

Also will she have any problems in her GC application as she is applying for 485 while in F1?

Only if she switched from H4 to F1 within the last 30-90 days.

thank you realcanadian...I will be filing for her 485. thats why i was concerned if her current F1 would be a problem. I am not planning to travel anywhere without getting the AP approved.
thanks

Hi Harikb, realcanadian:

My wife is also on F1 and is currently doing her CPT. Do you know if she can continue CPT even after AOS filing (until EAD gets approved)?

I read at some places that once you apply for AOS, you lose F1 benifts like CPT, OPT and have to wait until EAD comes..

So am wondering if my wif ewill be able to continue her CPT legally in the period between 485, EAD filing and EAD ariving?

Any info will be useful.

thanks a lot!