HELP please.. About I-131(re entry permit)

emphee29

I filed my re entry permit last June 2010. and I received a letter of appointment for Biometrics. I'm done with my Biometrics last July 19, 2010..

My question is.. How long should i need to wait for my permit?Can I travel now outside USA?because i need to go back to the Philippines on Oct.

please help :(

I filed my re entry permit last June 2010. and I received a letter of appointment for Biometrics. I'm done with my Biometrics last July 19, 2010..

My question is.. How long should i need to wait for my permit?Can I travel now outside USA?because i need to go back to the Philippines on Oct.

please help :(

Time is different from case to case but in average may take ~5 weeks or so. You can travel any time and ask whoever in your address to send you the permit overseas if you plan to stay for long time before your first return to US

You can leave the US anytime after completing biometrics (and you could even leave before the biometrics appointment, as long as you filed the application when you were in the US and you return to show up for the biometric appt.).

I'm done with my biometrics last July 19 im just waiting for my permit.
but i feel so worried coz its been almost 3 months since we filed my re entry,.we filed last june..
do you think i will be able to receive my permit before oct?

I finished FP on 6/28. Still waiting. I am also outside the US. My friend will collect REP for me. On the other hand, my wife's REP which was expedited due to USCIS error was approved 20 days after FP and has been sent to the overseas consulate as requested. You are allowed to open a service request 90 days after the receipt date on the application as the normal processing time is 90 days.

do you think i will be able to receive my permit before oct?
Probably not.

But if you're returning before October, you won't need it so soon anyway.

Stop fretting about it. You can leave the US now if you want. If you're returning to the US after more than 6 months, it will be approved before you return.

I am just so afraid. coz u know. actually last year i went home to the Philippines(sept2009)and i went back here last Dec.2009 and stayed here for almost 2 weeks only.and then I went back again to the Philippines Jan.2010 and last May I went here.. I am supposed to stay for 2 weeks again bec. our classes will start at June.sadly, the immigration questioned me.asking me if i have a re entry.and that time i don't have it.

So they explained to me that i need a re entry permit.bec.if not I might be banned or the next time i visit here I will be put to court...
thats why iam so afraid :( i dont want that to happen. and now were still waiting for my permit.

If your permit isn't approved before you return, bring the I-131 receipt notice with you and show it to them if you are hassled next time.