Help Newarkers, N400 Interview/oath/Passport and travel conflict

DONZ

Registered Users (C)
Hello Newarkers,

I am looking for your advice and experience and input for my N-400 interview.

My interview is scheduled on January 03, 2008 8:00AM. I found out many people took the oath the same day if the interview is the in morning hours. However, I booked one international round-flight ticket from 02/26/08 to 01/16/08 recently. If I take the oath on Jan. 03, I will not have the green card and it takes 8+ weeks to get the US passport (at least 4 weeks if expedite the service).

I am just wondering if I could postpone the oath ceremony to a future date. Does anyone have similar experience or inputs? Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards.

Hello Newarkers,

I am looking for your advice and experience and input for my N-400 interview.

My interview is scheduled on January 03, 2008 8:00AM. I found out many people took the oath the same day if the interview is the in morning hours. However, I booked one international round-flight ticket from 02/26/08 to 01/16/08 recently. If I take the oath on Jan. 03, I will not have the green card and it takes 8+ weeks to get the US passport (at least 4 weeks if expedite the service).

I am just wondering if I could postpone the oath ceremony to a future date. Does anyone have similar experience or inputs? Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards.

What are your travel dates? 1/16/08 - 2/26/08?Applying for rush passport the same day of oath may get you it back in time before traveling, but that may be cutting it close. Call your DO and ask if it would be possible to reschedule the oath.