Help Needed!!! Strange Question

magesh_kk

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Hope you guys are all doing good. I have a strange question and need you experts input/reply ASAP.

I became eligible for applying citizenship on May 1st, 2008 (90 days before 5 years) and Iam a resident of maryland for the last 4 years. Below is my info.

My Receipt date is July 1, 2008
I got my fingerprint done on July 23, 2008
I have interview scheduled in Baltimore for Oct 21st, 2008
My total trip outside USA in the last 5 years is not more than 3 months.

My question is :

Since I had to take a emergency trip to India for 2 weeks, I went on May 25,2008 and came back on June 16, 2008 and then applied for citizenship on June 26, 2008. Is it true that I should have been physically present for 3 months in the state before applying for citizenship? The requirement says "Be resident" for 3 months and not "Continous resident". Iam confused and worried. I have been living in maryland from 2004. Any input would be really helpful.

You have to be a resident for at least 90 days in the district you applied. There's no requirement to have been physically present during that time, unless of course it interferes with your overall physical presence requirement.

anyone experienced similar like this can you pls. share your experience.

I agree with what BOB said. He is 100% on the money.
My friend, you have been a resident for 4 years. Don't go interpreting every little detail. You are not lying, nor misrepresenting.

Some of the administrative questions on forms like the N400 are in general VAGUE, legally speaking, and in reality the only one who can really and legally say anything about it, is a FEDERAL JUDGE.- :D

Dear Friend: Your state id should be three months old and thats it dont go in thats much detail and now a adays they are not asking too much question and some people on this forum scare you about that but trust me its very easy if u paid ur taxes and didnt do any crime you are good to go

Dear Friend: Your state id should be three months old and thats it dont go in thats much detail and now a adays they are not asking too much question and some people on this forum scare you about that but trust me its very easy if u paid ur taxes and didnt do any crime you are good to go

Since I had changed my address (in the same state and district where I had been living for almost 1 year) 1.5 months before I applied, I am wondering what I should present as a proof of my residency. Is it OK to show my current DL and a copy of my previous DL issued by the same state to show that I lived in the same state almost a year before submittitng my application? I also have an original lease agreement. Would these two docs be enough? Do I need to get a notarized statement from my previous appartment office to prove I lived there?

Since I had changed my address (in the same state and district where I had been living for almost 1 year) 1.5 months before I applied, I am wondering what I should present as a proof of my residency. Is it OK to show my current DL and a copy of my previous DL issued by the same state to show that I lived in the same state almost a year before submittitng my application? I also have an original lease agreement. Would these two docs be enough? Do I need to get a notarized statement from my previous appartment office to prove I lived there?

You don't need to present proof at the time of the application as long as you meet the requirements. If they have any doubts they will ask you for the proof that you resided in the district that your DO has jurisdiction. The rule of the thumb is....present only what is required and what is asked for....volunteering additional information will only cause confusion.

Question

Do you think I would be able to take oath on the same day if I go early around 10.30am (my interview is at 2.00pm) since I have my pregnant wife, do you think I would get some consideration (although Iam changing my wifes last name which might take couple more months for her oath I guess..)

Any inputs appreciated...