Help Needed N-400 Withdrawal

Exactly right. In India your passport is thoroughly examined upon entry and exit.

What if he just used his US passport for both entry and exit? He should be able to apply for a visa to India, like every other US citizen.

Hi Gurus,

I have already sent a letter in Express mail informing about my decision to withdraw my application.

will i receiving any conformation from uscis like letter etc.?

thanking all

Hi Gurus,

I have already sent a letter in Express mail informing about my decision to withdraw my application.

will i receiving any conformation from uscis like letter etc.?

thanking all

I think you are seriously mistaken if you think you can no longer hold agricultural land in India. You cannot buy any new land but you can hold on to whatever you already own and can also inherit land from those who are Indian citizens. Of course you can sell this land too.

i heard a story about this guy who my father knows personally.....he got his u.s passport.......went to India, entered with his Indian passport.........went to U.S. consulate.....and got a 10 year U.S visa!.....its unbelievable........now, effectively.......travels back and forth between the U.S and India on both passports.....i dunno what to say about it. any thoughts guys?!?! how could the U.S consulate MESS up and give this guy a 10 year Visa?!?! couldn't they do a name check and figure out that this guy has a U.S passport?!?! its crazy!....

i heard a story about this guy who my father knows personally.....he got his u.s passport.......went to India, entered with his Indian passport.........went to U.S. consulate.....and got a 10 year U.S visa!.....its unbelievable........now, effectively.......travels back and forth between the U.S and India on both passports.....i dunno what to say about it. any thoughts guys?!?! how could the U.S consulate MESS up and give this guy a 10 year Visa?!?! couldn't they do a name check and figure out that this guy has a U.S passport?!?! its crazy!....

He's playing Russian roulette as eventually he will get caught and have to pay a big fine.

He's playing Russian roulette as eventually he will get caught and have to pay a big fine.

I know peopel do this but I think most people doing this realize such risk
and still do it because the outcome is accepotable to them. In other words,
they do not care that much about keeping GC but they can not simply give up either.
They are on teh bordderline regarding deciding where to live. So they play this game if
they are caught then they just give up their green card and forget about America.

Why do you need to withdraw your application? I don't think
you can get your application fee back. If you do not want to
be natualized after you file application, you can just decide not to
got ot interview not to go to oath. I don't think intentioanlly missing the appointment and standing the USCIS IO up is a crime or immigration offense.
If you do not go, your paplication will aytomacatlly be considered withdrawn.

Or you can go to interview and flunk your civic test yourself.

Why do you need to withdraw your application? I don't think
you can get your application fee back. If you do not want to
be natualized after you file application, you can just decide not to
got ot interview not to go to oath. I don't think intentioanlly missing the appointment and standing the USCIS IO up is a crime or immigration offense.
If you do not go, your paplication will aytomacatlly be considered withdrawn.

Or you can go to interview and flunk your civic test yourself.

Withdrawing an application leads to a clean closure, whereas not going to interview or oath suspends your case administratively until it is officially closed/denied. An official withdrawal is preferred to having a case on administrative suspension since if you decide to reapply again, the previous application is not an issue.

I know peopel do this but I think most people doing this realize such risk
and still do it because the outcome is accepotable to them. In other words,
they do not care that much about keeping GC but they can not simply give up either.
They are on teh bordderline regarding deciding where to live. So they play this game if
they are caught then they just give up their green card and forget about America.
If they don't really care about keeping a GC and staying in America, all they have to do is DON'T become a US citizen. They can just keep renewing their green card and that way they'll be able to keep all the property and other rights in their original country without constantly trying to outsmart the authorities and risking jail time and/or property seizure.

If they don't really care about keeping a GC and staying in America, all they have to do is DON'T become a US citizen. They can just keep renewing their green card and that way they'll be able to keep all the property and other rights in their original country without constantly trying to outsmart the authorities and risking jail time and/or property seizure.

If they want to play this game, then it is their decision to play it one more stepo further. It is up to them.

Yep + name change - and he should be good to go :D

I guess when you apply for a visa to home country using the US passport, the embassy/consulate will ask for and void your original passport. The government knows for sure and Changing a name won't help.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long can one person repeatedly delay oath and keep current application valid?

I guess when you apply for a visa to home country using the US passport, the embassy/consulate will ask for and void your original passport. The government knows for sure and Changing a name won't help.
Exactly. The country of birth is listed in the US passport, so if the authorities deciding to grant the visa are smart they'll check if there is a record of the Indian passport being returned, and ask for the Indian passport if there is no such record of that being done.