Help needed - Interview descheduled by USCIS - unforeseen circumstances

well on the notice (N-652) it says you passed your test.....then it says: Congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval......and at the end it says that if within 120 days i dont hear from them i have a right to request a hearing. so, basically they have 120 to schedule me for an oath. an officer who took my test said that it will take up to couple of weeks for my file to arrive and then they will schedule me

Okay - I am happy they were able to do this for you, but just don't get your hopes high on getting the oath letter quickly. They will have to wait for your A-file to come in and then consolidate the new N-400 with the one you originally filled out. Then it probably has to be reviewed by either a senior IO or a supervisor because what they did was create a temporary file for you. So may be a few more weeks and the journey will end for you.

My word of advice, if you don't hear anything in 3 weeks time, call them because most likely your temporary file is sitting somewhere waiting to be consolidated with your A-file.

If you need more info regarding the creation of temp-files, check out the adjudicator's field manual.

how do i do that? just in case if i dont get my notice

how do i do that? just in case if i dont get my notice

What is your local DO? You can look up their number on whitepages.com. And you can look up your interviewing officer's last name from the form he/she gave you. All DO's have a phone directory which enables you to be transfered to the IO by dialing their last name.

If you can't find the DO's number, let me know and I will help you look for it.

What is your local DO? You can look up their number on whitepages.com. And you can look up your interviewing officer's last name from the form he/she gave you. All DO's have a phone directory which enables you to be transfered to the IO by dialing their last name.

If you can't find the DO's number, let me know and I will help you look for it.

i am in Philadelphia :)

well on the notice (N-652) it says you passed your test.....then it says: Congratulations! your application has been recommended for approval......and at the end it says that if within 120 days i dont hear from them i have a right to request a hearing. so, basically they have 120 to schedule me for an oath. an officer who took my test said that it will take up to couple of weeks for my file to arrive and then they will schedule me

Sounds like they will need to wait for your file to arrive and then consolidate it with the results of your interview.

yes, i know but at least something is already done :)

I am not so sure about that....Call me skeptical, but I fear the USCIS black hole. If you had waited for the new date, your file would have been there and you probably would have walked out with your oath letter. Now, there is that possibility of having your file collect some dust on an IO's desk/cabinet because they don't have the time to look at it right away. For all you know, your A-file may come in tomorrow.

All I am saying is keep on top of this and do not wait the 120 days.

I am not so sure about that....Call me skeptical, but I fear the USCIS black hole. If you had waited for the new date, your file would have been there and you probably would have walked out with your oath letter. Now, there is that possibility of having your file collect some dust on an IO's desk/cabinet because they don't have the time to look at it right away. For all you know, your A-file may come in tomorrow.

i am just hoping for the best like i did before :)

question: they didnt schedule me for my new date yet.....there is still a chanse of my file not to be transfered for a while?
another thing i went with an atterney and he said that he will try to make sure that they will tranfer the file as soon as possible

I agree..anything outside of a regular USCIS process is bound to to fall through the cracks..hopefully the IO stays on top of it.

Just an update on my case:

I just found out that my local office received my file on May 2nd :) i hope that this is good news

my wife's interview got scheudled for May 6th and got descheduled...no word even after two months.
I couldn't figure out what option to choose to make a info pass appointment...how and what option people are choosing?

Our INS office in NYC...a phone call there didn't help...and a phone call to INS 800 number didn't help...they just said....the same thing that was on cancellation/descedule letter.

Any suggestions for followup?

Just an update on my case:

I just found out that my local office received my file on May 2nd :) i hope that this is good news
Hi,

How did it go with your Oath? were you called for the Oath Letter and how long did it take the USCIS before you were sent a letter. Thank you

Hi,

How did it go with your Oath? were you called for the Oath Letter and how long did it take the USCIS before you were sent a letter. Thank you

This thread is over 10 years old and the person you’re addressing hasn’t logged into this forum in almost 10 years also.

@Muataz76
Stop spamming the forum by duplicating the same issue over several threads. Please stick to your previously created thread like you were already advised to do. Administrative actions will be taken against your account if this trend continues.