Help needed for J2

rtom

Registered Users (C)
hello friends,
i am in a strange situation. I have come here on J1 in August. My wife has applied for J2 twice ( 25th of October and on 3rd December) !! The consulor officer was pointing towards my J1 VISA and told me wife that "you are not going to come back in two years" !!
My J1 VISA has a strange sentence written " bearer is not subject to 212(e) two year rule".....

Does anybody know how to overcome this problem ? Is there anybody who can help me in getting my wife here ?? Should my wife apply for a B2 VISA, how long she can stay here ??

replies are heartly appriciated,

thanks
ramesh
thamankar1@yahoo.com

well, evidently, the consular officer doubts that your wife has non-immigrant intent, hense his remark about you and her not coming back in two years.

As for "bearer is not subject to 212(e) two year rule"..... you are a very lucky man, if your DS-2019 says the same. It means that you DO NOT HAVE to come back home for two years (home residency requirement) before you can immigrate, get a work visa or change your status to anything else. :) Lucky!

Luck !!

hi LUCYMO,

thanks for the mail. infact all the luck you have mentioned geos not count when my wife is there in my country and i am here !!

Do you know what should i do in this situation ??

thanks

well, you can ask a congressman for help. You have to produce better proof of your wife's non-immigrant intent, and yours too. :) How - well, property back home, family back home, etc.

Hi,
how does this asking help to a congressmann work? Is that really a possibility? I am in a tricky situation myself and perhaps that could be a way to go.
In regards to your stamp reading "bearer is not subject to...", it unfortunately does not count if you are a physician. It is just a mistake but you cannot get away with changin your status or anything.

he never said he was a physician. There are 8 subcategories for J-1 visa, and not all of them are subject to HRR.

Ask her to get admission in any Private University for any Masters degree and try for a (F1) Student visa.
Chances are she may get one if it is a private University where you are going to spend a huge amount of money on an MBA Program. If it is a state funded university chances are that she will get rejected.

This means ........you will be spending a huge amount of money in USA for her studies in a private university. If you are capable of proving or providing sufficient funding for her studies then she stands a better chance of getting a student visa.
Try your luck
akalingan@yahoo.com

hi

if that is the case, then how come they give J2 VISA at all ?? ACtually last year one of my freid came here on J1 with his wife on J2 ?? is this a conincidence ??
Do u mean to say that tehre is no chance for my wife coming here on J2 ??

thanks,
ramesh

rtom

Ramesh,
I am just as confused as you. The consular officer can not stop your wife from joining you. There are a lot of visas that do not have the home rule, H1, L1 F1. The CO never stops their spouses to join them as H4, L2 and F2. So why should he stop your wife? I do not think he can do it. Consult a good lawyer like Sheela Murthy. I believe she has an office in India and in Maryland. It may be cheaper to pay a lawyer than to pay tuition in an expensive private university as suggested by someone.

pras01, yes, the consular officer has all the discretion for not letting a spouse join her husband in the U.S., especially if he thinks she has an immigrant intent.