• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help me which way to choose! Very confused

kabeza

Registered Users (C)
I'm currently on F-1 expiring 7/19 in process for H-1B filed on 6/3.
Meanwhile, I won DV2006. According to last year's bulletin, my number 9XXX is expected to be current in October.
I was planning to go to my country and get the H-1B visa prior to Oct 1 and then return and go through AOS for GC.
However, I heard that it will take 3-4 months to get the H-1B notifcation which may drag into October although the start date of employment is listed as Oct 1. Now I have been thinking that I may be better off switching directly to CP for GC and to forgo H-1B.
What should I do? If I switch to CP how long afer the intital interview will I get the stamp in my passport to travel? Will I have to file for EAD if I enter on GC? i already have a SSN.
Can I call KCC and swtich to CP from AOS?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you just finished your undergrad, the best way is to take classes for a Masters program and get back to F1. after the adjustment of status you dont have to worry about taking classes if you dont have to, or can wait for later and transfer them somewhere else.

Thanks but I graduated last year and I'm currently working. Taking more classes is not an option for me.
I'm willing to wait. My only concern is whether H-1B or GC by CP will be faster since I have to be back to my job soon.
My DV2006 number is 9XXX so I expect it to be current in October.

you can expect it to be current, but it doesn't mean that you will get an interview then.