Help me understand How Retrogression will affect my case...

usdreams78

Registered Users (C)
Hi :confused:,

Labor Applied 5/23/06 (EB2)
Approved 5/24/06
I-140 Applied 07/27/07
Nothing on it As of 10/24/07
I-485 Applied 08/13/07
Got Receipt # with FP Notice.
FP Done on 10/19/07
EAD Cards Received on 10/25/07.

I know, my question will sound DUMB to many of you guys, but, i am confused after talking to couple of people as to How the Recent Retrogression will affect my case, if it will at all.

I recently found out that India EB2s have been retrogressed and moved back to 2000 from 2002 or something like that, but I dont understand how will it affect my case.

Please reply my question.

Appreciate your help.

Thanx,

USDreams...

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 2 quotas that interst you, the yearly EB2 quota - roughly 40K, and the India country quota, roughly 10K. Each quarter, roughly overall 35K visas are made available.

In order not to exceed eith of these 3 numbers, the EB2 India cut-off date has moved back to 2000. it will either inch forward a month or two or become totally unavailable in the coming months. That will be due to either the Eb2 or India quotas coming true.

The quotas are re-established in October. Since there are likely 200,000 Indian petitions ahead of yours, it should take 20 years for approval -- unless the quotas are increased. which requires legislation.

Thank you Nelsona for your response.

Still not clear, but as you are saying it should take 20 years for approval, its really depressing.

I would rather move to Canada or go back to India than waiting these many years for the GC.

Please post more info if anyone is aware of, regarding my case.

have patience!!

Thank you Nelsona for your response.

Still not clear, but as you are saying it should take 20 years for approval, its really depressing.

I would rather move to Canada or go back to India than waiting these many years for the GC.

Please post more info if anyone is aware of, regarding my case.

They will have to reform this GC system as lots and lots of people are waiting in the queue. Your GC will probably take a couple of years.

The best thing you can do is to stop thinking about it and go on with your life.

good luck.

I am confused with different dates and feedback I am getting from different people. I started my employment based application back in April 2004. and I applied for I-485 in June and they have given me a receipt date of July 19,2007. Based on the latest information on uscis website, they are current processing mid July However, based on the visa bulletin the priorty date they are processing is Nov 2002.

When I talk to my attorney, he says I should get my card within the next couple of months ( based on the date at uscis) but when I talked to another lawyer she says I still have about 1.5 to 2 years ( based on visa bulletin). One of the is not telling the right information, please help!!!

Regards

I am confused with different dates and feedback I am getting from different people. I started my employment based application back in April 2004. and I applied for I-485 in June and they have given me a receipt date of July 19,2007. Based on the latest information on uscis website, they are current processing mid July However, based on the visa bulletin the priorty date they are processing is Nov 2002.

When I talk to my attorney, he says I should get my card within the next couple of months ( based on the date at uscis) but when I talked to another lawyer she says I still have about 1.5 to 2 years ( based on visa bulletin). One of the is not telling the right information, please help!!!

Regards
You need to inform your cat EB2 or EB 3/ Country / and Exact Priority date per your labor certification or I 140