Help! Marriage breakdown - WHAT HAPPENS TO MY BUSINESS?

traceruk

I have been married for over a year and things have started to breakdown. My problem is that I (with three US partners) started a business that in a very short space of time has grown and become very successful. I assume that once I am divorced I can no longer rely on my greencard alone to keep me in the country. With a strong and growing business, what options, if any do I have?

I have been married for over a year and things have started to breakdown. My problem is that I (with three US partners) started a business that in a very short space of time has grown and become very successful. I assume that once I am divorced I can no longer rely on my greencard alone to keep me in the country. With a strong and growing business, what options, if any do I have?

What are you really asking about?

Do you have a conditional status based on a marriage? Do you have a conditional card based on EB-5? IF EB-5, are you the principal or a derivative? Do you have a full 10 year greencard?

Your post makes little sense. Calm down and try again.

The green card is marriage related.
The business is not related to any visa or green card
My green card expires in 2013.

My question is. Should my marriage break down totally and should we then get a divorce. What happens to my status? And, could I change my status to a business related visa and if so, how?

Perceptions count---what does YOUR marriage look like to others?

The green card is marriage related.
The business is not related to any visa or green card
My green card expires in 2013.

My question is. Should my marriage break down totally and should we then get a divorce. What happens to my status? And, could I change my status to a business related visa and if so, how?

#1. You posted in the wrong category. This area is for Immigrant Investors via EB-5.

#2. YOU are asking about I-751 removal of conditions based on immigration through a spouse of less than 2 years.

#3. Beginning at 90 days BEFORE your card's expiration date you must file an I-751. If the marriage is OK file jointly. If divorced file for a waiver. BUT based on your post---see a lawyer now, don't wait.

HOWEVER, since it is 2011 and your card expires in 2013 that means you have been married for a year or less.

FROM THE OUTSIDE, IT LOOKS LIKE: Your marriage was fake from the start, especially since you are more worried about some business than your marriage.

#1. You posted in the wrong category. This area is for Immigrant Investors via EB-5.

#2. YOU are asking about I-751 removal of conditions based on immigration through a spouse of less than 2 years.

#3. Beginning at 90 days BEFORE your card's expiration date you must file an I-751. If the marriage is OK file jointly. If divorced file for a waiver. BUT based on your post---see a lawyer now, don't wait.

HOWEVER, since it is 2011 and your card expires in 2013 that means you have been married for a year or less.

FROM THE OUTSIDE, IT LOOKS LIKE: Your marriage was fake from the start, especially since you are more worried about some business than your marriage.

ah good old big joe and his advise and assumptions ...just ignore all said ..get a lawyer and change your immigration category ..