Help -Letter attached meaning

robertoff

Registered Users (C)
I got my I-485 approved on July 18 (its only me and my wife, my kids are American), I already have my green card but I haven't received the approval for my wife yet so She called like 10 days ago asking for info and they tell her that they were going to send this letter.

I just received yesterday but I am not sure what it means. Appears to be that she is already approved but she has to wait like a regular process.

Thanks in advance for your oppinions

This means she is approved

I think it means she is approved and will get a actual approval letter once visa numbers are available. This is assuming that you are in EB3 category. Is that correct?

robertoff said:
I got my I-485 approved on July 18 (its only me and my wife, my kids are American), I already have my green card but I haven't received the approval for my wife yet so She called like 10 days ago asking for info and they tell her that they were going to send this letter.

I just received yesterday but I am not sure what it means. Appears to be that she is already approved but she has to wait like a regular process.

Thanks in advance for your oppinions

It means she got her green card very same day when you got it. Take this notice and go to local district office for passport stamping.

I beg it is true all you saying but I have my doubts since this letter it's not a I-797 original letter (as the one I received for my case).

Regarding what case I am, I just don't know, but my I-797 says COA: E18. I hope it answers your question.

I just tell my wife to call again USCIS and ask them if she can go to passport office with that letter that says CASE APROVED

Thanks all for your fast response

Roberto Fernandez

I just talked with my lawyer assistant and she said that this is not an approval letter, that it clearly says " THIS CASE WAS ORDERED APPROVED ON 07/18/2005" which means it was ORDERED APPROVED so I have to wait for the definitive I-797 approved letter.

But I am still a little confused since if the agent ORDERED TO APPROVED the case, WHY it isn’t been approved yet? Who approves the cases, it is not the agent that ordered?

Waoo, for I have been reading here in this forum the wait could be one month or years

Thanks for your oppinion

why not take a infopass to meet the local immigration officer

robertoff said:
any oppinions?
carry all data needed for stamping and getting it done if it needs to be.

Make an infopass appointment and try to get stamping. People have used online approval notices to get stamping.

rpranesh said:
Make an infopass appointment and try to get stamping. People have used online approval notices to get stamping.

Do you really think I can make an appointment with that letter? even if it not a I797 approval letter?

thanks

Is your wife affected by the retrogression? May be her case is ready to be approved, but can't be approved until her priority date is current. This is just a total guess, so don't panic :D

Mr. Green said:
Is your wife affected by the retrogression? May be her case is ready to be approved, but can't be approved until her priority date is current. This is just a total guess, so don't panic :D

How do I know if my wife is affected by the retrogression? what is that?
How do I know her priority date?

Our I-485 application receipt date is October, 8 2004 and my approval I-797 was on July 18, 2005 and her case status says
"This case was ordered approved on 07/18/2005"

Sorry but I am an amateur on this and every day learning more

After waiting and waiting I talked to my lawyer last week and he told me what some people told me to do here in the forum, to make an appointment and send my wife to try to stamp her passport with that letter. Well it was last friday AND SHE DID IT, and it was so easy

Thanks for all the help here in the forum

robertoff said:
How do I know if my wife is affected by the retrogression? what is that?
How do I know her priority date?

Our I-485 application receipt date is October, 8 2004 and my approval I-797 was on July 18, 2005 and her case status says
"This case was ordered approved on 07/18/2005"

Sorry but I am an amateur on this and every day learning more

For those of you wondering about class of admission or retrogression, you should pay attention to this exceprt:

Regarding what case I am, I just don't know, but my I-797 says COA: E18.

Clearly EB1.

Hello RealCanadian,

I do not have the copy of my approved 140 notice. So can I send the following for my AC21:
- Copy of I-140 filing receipt notice
- Copy of USCIS online case status of approved I-140

Thanks for ur help !!