HELP! I cannot find my case using "MY CASE STATUS" on the website - I already did biometrics!!

OMFSmolar

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I received an email from USCIS on 10/25 that says they received my application. I received a paper receipt a week later. My biometrics appt is supposed to be on 11/18, but I walked in successfully on 11/8. However, I still cannot check my case online. Is there a problem??? Did they forget about my case (family based green card application, I mailed in everything together)??

I have several receipt numbers and none of them work on the "Check Your Status" website.

The message I saw is:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Please help me!! Thank you in advance!

Are you typing in all 13 characters of the receipt number, including the 3-letter code at the beginning, and without spaces or dashes?

Hi everyone,

I received an email from USCIS on 10/25 that says they received my application. I received a paper receipt a week later. My biometrics appt is supposed to be on 11/18, but I walked in successfully on 11/8. However, I still cannot check my case online. Is there a problem??? Did they forget about my case (family based green card application, I mailed in everything together)??

I have several receipt numbers and none of them work on the "Check Your Status" website.

The message I saw is:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again. If you need further assistance, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283.

Hey OMFSmolar,

Calm down, there is nothing wrong with your case. If you have joined or followed the October filer thread, you wouldn't be this worried. Most October filers in this forum are having same problem. As an October filer, I would recommend you join the October filer thread and make your timeline in the signature section so that you will have others in same category like you to share your experience and concerns with.

All the best.

Are you typing in all 13 characters of the receipt number, including the 3-letter code at the beginning, and without spaces or dashes?

Yes, i typed all 13 characters. I actually copy and paste it from the email from uscis. No spaces or dashes.

Yes, i typed all 13 characters. I actually copy and paste it from the email from uscis. No spaces or dashes.

USCIS have not updated all of their cases yet. You are one of hundreds who's having this issue. If you NEED assurance you can call them and ask them about the status of your case but other than that, you'll just have to be patient and wait for them to contact you via snail mail.

What FORM are you asking about?

Hi everyone,

The message I saw is:

If you filed 3 forms they all get different #s. IF this is an adjustment scenario involving I-485, that's the one to check.

IF on the other hand this involves an I-751, that one is handled in a different system that does not interface with case status online.